Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How do I get my 10mo to sleep thru the night?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 16 Replies
Advice please ladies! Thank you in advance and God bless!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Cosleeping always got my dd to sleep at least 10 hours a night.
amiesmomma
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM

sleeping through the night is pretty much individual to the baby and developmental.  We are pretty good at getting out 8 month old to sleep in her crib but when she wakes up is anyone's guess.  most nights she sleeps from 11p-6:45a.  We give her a bath, I nurse her to sleep.  We have a white noise maching with a little night light in her room. We make sure she's in a warm sleeper outfit so she's comfortable without blankets.  However, it's just a fact of life for us that some nights, she'll be screaming at 1:30 to nurse.

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Babies t sleeping through the night is a myth. Some do, some don't. You can't force it.
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

honestly, this is the only way I can make sure dd sleeps through the night. she slept by herself before but she's gotten used to falling asleep with us lately. I knnow she won't be little for much longer (the last 14 months have already flown by) so I'm not worried about putting her in her own room right now, especially since this is the easiest way for me to sleep too lol

Quoting Turtledoves:

Cosleeping always got my dd to sleep at least 10 hours a night.

fortressmom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry mama, it's a milestone.  Won't happen unti baby is physically able.

ElliesMommyy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I would say it just depends on the child. I don't think mine REALLY slept through the night til she was about 12+ months. I mean she would wake up at 5 or 6am and I would give her some water or something. but I would play with her more so things through out the day to kind of get her tired. And give her bath right before bed and put lotion on her and that seemed to help sometimes, other than that, I think they just have their own time til they will do so :)
Ninjabubble
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Like the PP, it depends on the baby when they are ready. DS slept all night last night. First time ever. We didn't do anything differently. He was just ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kameka
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I'm going to disagree. MOST babies are physically able to sleep through the night by 4 months but we tend to teach our kids to wake up between sleep cycles as infants, thus creating this vicious circle of 'need'.
10 months is a hard time to teach sleeping through the night on their own because they are grasping object permanence. It might be better to wait a bit until baby's independence kicks in.
Does your child fall asleep alone or does s/he get 'put' to sleep? The answer would affect any advice I can give.
ashleyellis
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:09 PM
He falls asleep on his own.

Quoting kameka:

I'm going to disagree. MOST babies are physically able to sleep through the night by 4 months but we tend to teach our kids to wake up between sleep cycles as infants, thus creating this vicious circle of 'need'.

10 months is a hard time to teach sleeping through the night on their own because they are grasping object permanence. It might be better to wait a bit until baby's independence kicks in.

Does your child fall asleep alone or does s/he get 'put' to sleep? The answer would affect any advice I can give.
kameka
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM
That will make it much easier :)
When he wakes up what do you do to get him back to sleep?

Quoting ashleyellis:

He falls asleep on his own.

Quoting kameka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN