Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How long does it last?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM
  • 13 Replies
When my daughter (week old) tries to latch, she's constantly clawing at her face and ears. This usually ends with her pulling her ear and hurting herself a little or sticking herself in the eye. I'm afraid she's going to hurt herself badly one day and I'll have to rush her to the hospital. How long does it last and is there anything I can do to keep her from hurting herself?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockabillybetty
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Swaddle her my baby did that too and would frustrate herself until i wrapped her up in a blanket :))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:45 PM
She's a breakout artist so swaddling usually only slows her down.

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Swaddle her my baby did that too and would frustrate herself until i wrapped her up in a blanket :))

Ninjabubble
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Have you tried putting socks over her hands? I didn't breast feed but when DS had a feeding tube, the only way he wouldn't pull it outta his nose was to put socks over his hands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM
... I did not. It hadn't even occurred to me. :|

Quoting Ninjabubble:

Have you tried putting socks over her hands? I didn't breast feed but when DS had a feeding tube, the only way he wouldn't pull it outta his nose was to put socks over his hands.

sillymumof2
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Try LiL mittens... I had them for DS when he was a baby. He would give himself monster scratches on his face, but because the mittens were elastic around His wrist he wasn't able to wriggle them off...therefore wasn't scratching his precious face anymore either
Ninjabubble
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Try it! Lol

Quoting Mrsfarr:

Quoting Ninjabubble:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:55 PM
She's too tiny for mittens. They just slip off. She managed to lose all three of her hospital bracelets before we were discharged because her limbs are just little I guess. They had to make us duplicates and just keep them in her bassinet with her.

Quoting sillymumof2:

Try LiL mittens... I had them for DS when he was a baby. He would give himself monster scratches on his face, but because the mittens were elastic around His wrist he wasn't able to wriggle them off...therefore wasn't scratching his precious face anymore either

kirstina
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Mittens or sock on her hands.
rockabillybetty
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Lol ah ok. . Try mittens or socks :))

Quoting Mrsfarr:

She's a breakout artist so swaddling usually only slows her down.

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Well, socks lasted longer than mittens but they still ended up on the floor. It was a good idea though. :/

Quoting Ninjabubble:

Try it! Lol

Quoting Mrsfarr:

Quoting Ninjabubble:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN