Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Home made baby food

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM
  • 21 Replies
When did you start making baby food for your baby and how long does it keep? My LO is only 3 months but I'm seriously considering Mali her baby food instead of store buying. Please give me any tips and suggestions on starting it up!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM
We do baby led solids, so no baby food.
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM

we dont do purees, just soft table food to start.

erikays
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:47 PM
^^ that is what we did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom328
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Sorry, we never used baby food.

fortressmom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I agree with the others. Look into baby led solids instead. Easier and healthier than purees that are mainly water. If they need purees they aren't ready for solids:)

hayvensmommy07
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I'm doing the baby led solids thing with my next baby but my now 16 month old I starred making and freezing baby purees when he was 4 months. In fridge they last 2 weeks un opened and 8 months in freezer according to the lil booklet I have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjenkins8208
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I got a magic bullet for a baby shower gift, before they had the baby magic bullets, whatever I ate for breakfast, lunch, or dinner I would throw in the bullet with some water and he would eat it. I only made what he would eat because it's that quick and we were going out to the zoo or something I would just take store bought organic so I didnt have to worry about refrigeration.
Mylittlelovely
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM
You mixed everything together as one food or blended up say carrots with water and then blended up say chicken with water or all together?

Quoting sjenkins8208:

I got a magic bullet for a baby shower gift, before they had the baby magic bullets, whatever I ate for breakfast, lunch, or dinner I would throw in the bullet with some water and he would eat it. I only made what he would eat because it's that quick and we were going out to the zoo or something I would just take store bought organic so I didnt have to worry about refrigeration.

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Quoting sjenkins8208:

I'm sorry, but that sounds disgusting.  why not just give him the food without blending it?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
sjenkins8208
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Quoting Mylittlelovely:

Lol it would depend. For thanksgiving once I mixed turkey and mashed potatoes together. I wouldn't ever feed/mix him something I wouldn't eat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)