Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

has anyone else experienced this after a pap smear? (OT)

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

i had a pap smear last thursday for the first time in over a year. the only other paps i have ever had were when i found out i was pregnant and then 6 weeks after my dd was born. the reason i'm telling you this is because i have NEVER had a pap smear where part of the process is they stick a couple fingers up "there" and press down on your pelvic area. i've been told that's normal and that i probably didn't have the part done before because i was pregnant and then healing. my question is, has anyone ever had dull/achy pain in their pelvic area after a pap? it's now monday and i am still in pain. i'm not surprised i'm a little sore because my doctor literally put at least half her body weight on my pelvis when she did the exam but is it normal for it to continue this long? i'm not kidding when i say i'm beginning to wonder if she did some damage! i plan on calling her office tomorrow and asking but i just wanted to know if anyone else has ever experienced this.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:36 PM
They are palpating to feel everything...making sure everything is fine. It is normal. The continued pain? Wouldn't expect it to still hurt though...try some Motrin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:55 PM

It's been done to me before but I've never experienced pain.

kirstina
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I have never had any pain from a pap.
babygomez
by April on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

No, I've never felt anything after a pap.

I would call too if I was having pain that felt like damage. Doesn't hurt to ask.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Agreed.I'm usually a little tender for a few days after a pap for some reason though so that part seems normal to me as well.

Quoting IrishIz:

They are palpating to feel everything...making sure everything is fine. It is normal.  

abra
by Abra on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM

same here

Quoting MrsApple:

Agreed.I'm usually a little tender for a few days after a pap for some reason though so that part seems normal to me as well.

Quoting IrishIz:

They are palpating to feel everything...making sure everything is fine. It is normal.  

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Never had that happen...idk
virgochild79
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM

That is apart of a pap. You should really have a pap every year but, on to the question, no, I have never experienced pain. It's best you contact your doctor and let her know what you're experiencing.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Yes, they do that to feel your uterus. Very normal. Ive had dull cramping from it afterwards depending on who does it but it usually goes away within a few hours.
angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I've never been in pain, but I've also never had a doctor put all their weight on me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN