Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How many bottles?

Posted by   + Show Post
Goodness...

Starting all over 15 years later and amazed at how much I've forgotten and just how much baby equipment has evolved!

I'm on amazon ordering glass bottles and realized I have no idea how many would be good to start with for a newborn... I don't mind doing dishes and sterilizing multiple times per day, I'll be staying home :)

And I'm exclusively pumping, so she'll be eating breast milk, I'm assuming every 2 hours or so in the beginning, so.....10 or so? If I want to get away with doing dishes once a day?

How many did you find was a good number without running out before you know it and being a slave to the sink lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
fallenstars
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
We only used avent but the plastic ones sorry no help with that but I would get 12 to 14
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely! Congrats btw :)

Quoting Nolanzo:

:) I wish I could. I have a blood-borne illness that makes a cracked nipple dangerous... And when I bf'ed my son my nipples bled constantly but I did not have the disease back then :)

So, after exhaustive research and a meeting with her ped and my lc, it has been decided this is the safest option for us :)

Luckily, I am a human of the bovine persuasion and I respond very well to a pump... It IS a heck of a lot more work than just bfig directly but I feel as though its worth it :)

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Why don't you plan to bf? Just curious...pumping seems like a lot of work!

proudmommy690
by Christa on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I only used 5 for my youngest who just got off bottles last month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elliotmommytobe
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
We had 5 at the time we now have like 15 so we can get away with only using a couple a day our boy is 6 months old so he has like 3 to 4 actual bottles a day at the most
Nolanzo
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
This is not my first child... I HAVE been through this before :)

Direct bf = bleeding nipples for me. Pumping = not a drop of blood. Not once.

Thank you for your input... I have decided that direct feeding is out of the question and I am more than happy to pump... :)

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Your nipples are more likely to crack pumping than if you nursed, unless she is born with a tongue tie, and you can have that clipped in the hospital before you leave.

Quoting Nolanzo:

:) I wish I could. I have a blood-borne illness that makes a cracked nipple dangerous... And when I bf'ed my son my nipples bled constantly but I did not have the disease back then :)

So, after exhaustive research and a meeting with her ped and my lc, it has been decided this is the safest option for us :)

Luckily, I am a human of the bovine persuasion and I respond very well to a pump... It IS a heck of a lot more work than just bfig directly but I feel as though its worth it :)

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

iansmommy9
by Natasha on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

10 should be plenty. 

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:09 PM

keep in mind that every child and every experience is different, and what happened last time may not happen this time.   make sure to join the eping moms group for tips on eping to help keep it up.

Quoting Nolanzo:

This is not my first child... I HAVE been through this before :)

Direct bf = bleeding nipples for me. Pumping = not a drop of blood. Not once.

Thank you for your input... I have decided that direct feeding is out of the question and I am more than happy to pump... :)

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Your nipples are more likely to crack pumping than if you nursed, unless she is born with a tongue tie, and you can have that clipped in the hospital before you leave.

Quoting Nolanzo:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I only had 2 but I breastfeed, lol that's why

chabeli1
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM

i bought mine three playtex bottles the drop ins for on the go and a three set of regular similac air free bottles so im not washing alot but everyday i still wash them its tiring! lol

Amberleigh81
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Wow!!! Good for you, mama! I love your dedication!

I don't know about glass bottles. Can you check crunchy stores? I have a few in my area.

Quoting Nolanzo:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)