Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How many bottles?

Posted by   + Show Post
Goodness...

Starting all over 15 years later and amazed at how much I've forgotten and just how much baby equipment has evolved!

I'm on amazon ordering glass bottles and realized I have no idea how many would be good to start with for a newborn... I don't mind doing dishes and sterilizing multiple times per day, I'll be staying home :)

And I'm exclusively pumping, so she'll be eating breast milk, I'm assuming every 2 hours or so in the beginning, so.....10 or so? If I want to get away with doing dishes once a day?

How many did you find was a good number without running out before you know it and being a slave to the sink lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Replies (21-22):
Nolanzo
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Thank you for that... More often than not, I end up being lambasted somehow or another for choosing to EP but I feel as though its the milk that's important.... And having her potentially swallow blood is not a risk I'm willing to take :(

I found a 3 pack of the Born Free glass on eBay for 20$ so I can swing that :) thanks for the kind words!

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Wow!!! Good for you, mama! I love your dedication!

I don't know about glass bottles. Can you check crunchy stores? I have a few in my area.

Quoting Nolanzo:

:) I wish I could. I have a blood-borne illness that makes a cracked nipple dangerous... And when I bf'ed my son my nipples bled constantly but I did not have the disease back then :)

So, after exhaustive research and a meeting with her ped and my lc, it has been decided this is the safest option for us :)

Luckily, I am a human of the bovine persuasion and I respond very well to a pump... It IS a heck of a lot more work than just bfig directly but I feel as though its worth it :)

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Why don't you plan to bf? Just curious...pumping seems like a lot of work!

Amberleigh81
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Girl, I think it's amazing that you are going into this KNOWING you're going to EP and are dedicated enough to make it work!

I am an advocate for doing the best for your child when it comes to nursing. I think breastfeeding is something that women should be educated on and given TRUE support in trying, but I don't think that women who can't or don't are "bad", as long as they are honest with themselves and others.

It sounds like you have a plan, and I am excited for you! Mamas need to be supportive! :) Yea for boobie juice!

Quoting Nolanzo:

Thank you for that... More often than not, I end up being lambasted somehow or another for choosing to EP but I feel as though its the milk that's important.... And having her potentially swallow blood is not a risk I'm willing to take :(

I found a 3 pack of the Born Free glass on eBay for 20$ so I can swing that :) thanks for the kind words!

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Wow!!! Good for you, mama! I love your dedication!

I don't know about glass bottles. Can you check crunchy stores? I have a few in my area.

Quoting Nolanzo:

:) I wish I could. I have a blood-borne illness that makes a cracked nipple dangerous... And when I bf'ed my son my nipples bled constantly but I did not have the disease back then :)

So, after exhaustive research and a meeting with her ped and my lc, it has been decided this is the safest option for us :)

Luckily, I am a human of the bovine persuasion and I respond very well to a pump... It IS a heck of a lot more work than just bfig directly but I feel as though its worth it :)

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Why don't you plan to bf? Just curious...pumping seems like a lot of work!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN