Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think she may be teething? :(

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 18 Replies

My girl will be 5 months tomorrow. She has been crying and fighting sleep until 4 or 5am each night... All throughout the day she is very fussy as well. And it's not just an average fussy cry. It is kicking, screaming, bright red face, and real tears sort of cry. I have been so worried about her. It can be difficult to nurse her at times too.. And I am just flat out dead.

My mother felt in her mouth and said she could feel a bump on her bottom gums where a tooth should be coming in. I feel nothing, but as soon as I put my finger where my mom told me, my daughter started with that horrid cry. Poor baby.. 

So I put some baby oragel on and put some icy teethers in the freezer. Is there anything else I can do to make her a little more comfy? I have some infant tylonal, but am not sure if it will help. How long does it usually take for the tooth to come in?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Use the infant tylenol as directed. Baltic amber teething necklaces helped some of my babies too. I hope she feels better soon! 

lauratupper
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Quoting abra:

Use the infant tylenol as directed. Baltic amber teething necklaces helped some of my babies too. I hope she feels better soon! 

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! And I have not heard of those. I'll look them up!

Quoting abra:

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Bump!

MommyofSCC
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

They are amazing!  Also trying putting a wet wash cloth into the fridge and lettting it cool then let her chew on it.

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

Quoting abra:

Paradys
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Sounds about right...those amber necklaces are amazing! and do the wash cloth trick too. Give it to her a couple min before nursing so her gums will be a bit numb, she'll nurse better which will help cause breastmilk has an anti-inflammatory effect also.
How's she doin otherwise? Any more news on her twitching, shaking thing? Sorry, don't know what to call it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM

That is great advice! Thank you. I will try this tomorrow.

Quoting MommyofSCC:

They are amazing!  Also trying putting a wet wash cloth into the fridge and lettting it cool then let her chew on it.

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

Quoting abra:

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I did not know that about breastmilk! Just another reason why I love breastfeeding. And she has not had any more shaking. I've come to a realization, though. She had each shaking episode 3 weeks after her vaccinations. The problem in November and these recent shaking episodes..both 3 weeks. I'm going to bring this up next time. I'm not sure if I should stop getting her vaccinated or what. I'd feel awful if she were to get something. But whatever is best!

Quoting Paradys:

Sounds about right...those amber necklaces are amazing! and do the wash cloth trick too. Give it to her a couple min before nursing so her gums will be a bit numb, she'll nurse better which will help cause breastmilk has an anti-inflammatory effect also.
How's she doin otherwise? Any more news on her twitching, shaking thing? Sorry, don't know what to call it.

merryvoice
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:31 AM
My 6 month old just got her first tooth yesterday and it kept her up for the past two nights. I give her 2.5 ml of children's Tylenol every 4-6 hours and it seems to do well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paradys
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:54 AM
First call the CDC number for reporting reactions, second check out askdrsears.com and look-up delayed vaccinations.
You don't have to quit (I would but that's me) but you can delay them so it's not so much in her system at once.

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

I did not know that about breastmilk! Just another reason why I love breastfeeding. And she has not had any more shaking. I've come to a realization, though. She had each shaking episode 3 weeks after her vaccinations. The problem in November and these recent shaking episodes..both 3 weeks. I'm going to bring this up next time. I'm not sure if I should stop getting her vaccinated or what. I'd feel awful if she were to get something. But whatever is best!

Quoting Paradys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)