Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God I hope not again :-(...edit... Updated after dr app

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM
  • 15 Replies
We just got done with a month long ear infection with my 1 year old that took 2 different antibiotics to deal with and right after that he started teething 6 teeth. Well it's now 2 weeks after that calmed down and I am hoping he doesn't have another ear infection, I was up every hour with him crying in his sleep having to pull him back to his pillow and he was running over 102 fever and around 430 all he wanted to do was cuddle with me and wouldn't sleep after that unless I rocked him. Today no fever but he is VERY cranky. God I hope it's not another ear infection :-(, poor thing can't catch a break.

Update... Well the no fever didn't last to long, it's back up over 102. No other symptoms besides him being really cranky. I'm now in debat on calling the dr cause I would really hate for it to be an ear infection again.

UPDATE2---well no ear infection, the dr says she thinks it's a virus and if he is still running a temp Saturday then bring him back. Hopefully she is right and he is better by then cause we have plans saterday for a late vday thing with a babysitter. Weird thing she did day is stop rotating the ibprofin and tylonal cause she thinks it's to hard on them and not recommended anymore (never heard that before and his actual dr recommends it to us still, dr he saw was the one I don't fully trust yet) any one else's dr tell them this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Salem2012
by Anais on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Aww im sorry i hope it's not an ear infection :(

sissy852
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Prayers that he feels better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Take him to a chiropractor. They can cure and prevent ear infections without drugs.
I hope he feels better. None of my kids have ever had one, but I hear they are no fun :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Aww
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I hope he feels better soon!

shadow_lark
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Sounds like he needs to see an ent. Hope he feels better soon
jlbelknap35
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Bump for update
abra
by Abra on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM
yeah, some doctors still recommend the ibp/tylenol rotation, but it is hard on their renal system. OTC Cold medicines are even worse! We try not to use them unless absolutely necessary.
abra
by Abra on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM

bump

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I'd only do the rotation if the fever is still high when it would be time for the other med. Like 103ish high. At least 102.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)