Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Exasperated, embarrassed and frustrated... updated...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
...with taking my toddler out to lunch today. I went out with 6 friends and 5 babies (10 months - 22 months) and had to get my lunch bagged and leave! My son was screaming and running around and basically wanting to play ANYWHERE but in his high chair. It was so embarrassing. All of the other kids were acting like perfect little lunch angels, too, so I felt like I looked like the "bad mom".

Do you ever feel like "Why MY kid?" when you go out?

*Update* One of my "mommy" friends called after lunch and invited me over to her house after she got home. My son and her son ran around and played, and she and I got some "quality" mom time together, talking and enjoying ourselves! There was even a glass of Malbec involved... my son enjoyed his playdate and I know I have a true friend! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirstina
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Nope. My kids behave wonderfully when I take them out.
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Not all that often.  I can threaten them with standing in the corner in a stinky bathroom and solve most problems with the threat or actually taking them to stand in said stinky corner.

Salem2012
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM

So far i have not had that issue...mine is 11.5 months.

mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I have two toddlers and it's bound to happen at least once. My girls are very well behaved kids but they aren't perfect so we have had a few incidences were they through fits.
robibuni
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes, yes.

Most of the time my girls are fine in public, but they also have bad days where nothing I do makes them happy and they're freakin animals. It happens :)

kirstina
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM
When my kids are acting crazy getting out of the house normally solves the problem.

Quoting robibuni:

Sometimes, yes.

Most of the time my girls are fine in public, but they also have bad days where nothing I do makes them happy and they're freakin animals. It happens :)

bloomsr
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Leaving when he is acting like that is the best thing you could do!! Showing your child that poor behavior has a consequence (no fun lunch) teaches them to behave in the long run.

And don't worry about your friends. If anyone has a child, they have definitely been in your shoes!! Somedays your kid will be the troublemaker/naughty one. Somedays your kid will be the model of good behavior and listening:)
abra
by Abra on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I don't take my kids out when they are going through that stuff. We practice at home. 

alandou
by April on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

my dd is almost 3.5 years old and I remember it happening twice at a restaurant. she embarrassed me to the point of myself crying on an airplane once but that was her first trip. we had already traveled 9 hours by plane and it was our last descend and I had to wake her to sit her up while landing. she threw a fit, screamed, threw herself on the floor, etc. I couldn't control her and the flight attendant was scolding her and myself in a different language.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:31 PM

My kid's are normally well behaved but one time my son was acting up at playgroup and I cried in the car.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)