Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Would you be mad if your MIL took your baby for their 1st birthday pictures before you could?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you be mad if your MIL took your baby for first birthday pictures the week before you were suppose get them done (and she knew when your appointment was)?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
blessedisme3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Nope. I'd say "SCORE!" you take 'em, you pay for 'em and THIS is what I want.....

mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it.. more pictures never can have too many pictures. The only.thing I would ne particular about is who the photographer was.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CotterpinDoozer
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Yes, I would. Especially if she knew I already had an appointment. Of course my MIL isn't allowed anywhere near DD unattended or for any particularly long stretch of time.

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:30 PM

No, but if she made me pay for them I would be. But I also don't get professional photos. It is a hobby of mine and love to do them myself. So if she wants to spend the money and do that. She sure can have time with her granddaughter and enjoy.

proudmama11212
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Well i dont have a mil so i dont have to worry about it......but if she was here i wont mind :) as long as she told me about it then ill be fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XVAmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I would even if that was my mom. Babies milestones are to be celebrated first by the parents unless parents include grandparents, godparents, uncles & aunts. I would take my baby to the appointment you already have and keep them as the official baby's 1st year pic. Then I would tell her that she is welcome to keep those for her own enjoyment as obviously she spent money on it but other than displaying them around her house she isn't allow to show or post them any other way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyofSCC
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I would be very angry.  It is an important set of pictures and that is very very out of place.

robibuni
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Yes, but only because my MIL tries to ACT like their mother when we're around, by trying to get DD1 refer to her as "mami", and that would be yet another way of her trying to disrespect us as parents.

Otherwise, meh.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:32 PM
No
Hi_Rae
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM
As long as she paid I wouldn't care. I would do both appointments and get twice as many photos
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)