Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Milestones

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hey moms!

my son is about 6 months now, and I feel as if he is already behind. I worked full time for the first 5 months, so he went back and forth between my mothers house and ours. Now, I'm a stay at home mom, and I have to basically teach him every thing. He can't hold his bottle on his own.. Cannot sit up all the way by himself, still working at crawling, and we just now got a good bedtime schedule going. Is this normal? I'm sure he should be doing at least some of this on his own.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Its normal :) all babies do things at their own pace. No need to worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StellarCaterp
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Hello!  I run an online guide for parents about how babies learn movement, and you might find it interesting:

http://stellarcaterpillar.com/

Although it is a bit early for him to sit up on his own and hold his own bottle he should be rolling and enjoying tummy time.  These two motor skills prepare him for the more complex skills of sitting up and crawling.  On my website I talk about little things moms can do with their babies to encourage the development of those skills.  Please take a look and write me a question if you'd like!  It is wonderful that you are curious about how he will learn these movements.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

uh, he's only 6 months old, why do you want him to do these things?  holding their bottle only some do at this age, sitting unassisted should be done by the END of the 7th month, crawling by the END of the 10th month, and my kids didn't have a totally predictable schedule until about 6 months and when you finally get it all worked out, it'll change...

sarahsmommy508
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM
my dd started sitting at 7 months crawling at 8 amd holdibg her bottle at 11 months, sounds normal to me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
He's not behind at all. Every baby is different. My boys didn't crawl, sit up on their own, or hold their bottles till well after six months. No worries mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Some babies do things early some don't. As for a schedule let him start that.
abra
by Abra on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

This! Every one of my kids reached the classic milestones at different ages. Relax and just enjoy your time with baby. 

Quoting proudmommy690:

Its normal :) all babies do things at their own pace. No need to worry.

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM

He doesn't sound behind. Don't worry momma, enjoy him! : )

Ninjabubble
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM
My guy is 10 months and can't do any of that. He can barely roll.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM
All babies are different. My son sat unassisted by 5 months, crawled at 7 months, and walked unassisted at 9 months.

Quoting emkirkley:

uh, he's only 6 months old, why do you want him to do these things?  holding their bottle only some do at this age, sitting unassisted should be done by the END of the 7th month, crawling by the END of the 10th month, and my kids didn't have a totally predictable schedule until about 6 months and when you finally get it all worked out, it'll change...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN