Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Need help from baking mamas!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

My baby girls 1st birthday is at the end of march (I can't believe it!). I am planning a ladybug theme because the 1st outfit her daddy picked for her was a cute little onesie with a ladybug hat and pants with lady bug feet & we called her our little ladybug. So I found a picture of some CUTE sugar cookies that would fit the theme. I'm thinking I could make them. I have an outstanding sugar cookie recipe, but don't know what kind if icing to do for them. Does anybody know what kind or have a recipe they'd be willing to share. They are super cute & I'd like to at least try before we get too close to the party!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Scarllet
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I personally don't have a recipe because every time it's time for me to cook something that I haven't before I google it and look at pictures until I find what I am looking for. I hope that helps. The party sounds so cute. I can't wait until I get to through my first birthday party.

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:49 AM

just do some powdered sugar with your desired flavor such as you can mix it with a little bit of OJ or milk, etc. and then drizzle it on top. 

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:07 AM

1 C confectioners sugar

2tsp milk

2tsp light corn syrup (can use all milk, won't be as shiny)

1/4-1/2tsp flavoring --almond, vanilla, lemon, etc

if it's too thin add a tablespoon of confectioners sugar, too thick, add a tsp of milk.

ice cookies immediately, dry surface by 30 minutes (so you can add another layer/dots/decoration) hard set in about 90 minutes

abra
by Abra on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:59 PM

just to add, the frosting abra put up is a buttercream cake-frosting, it's fluffy, the icing I put up is a slick cookie icing intended for decorating sugar cookies like this:

the following links are from the same page, but one gives you some tips on icing and the other is just some cute ladybug cookies.

http://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/blog/2012/02/easy-ladybug-cookies/

http://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/blog/2011/04/the-twenty-second-rule/

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Aww, sounds cute : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN