Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

soothing colic one month old

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 14 Replies
My daughter is one month and during the day she sleeps like all day. At night she's up and miserable, screaming crying and not a warm bottle or pacifier would soothe her.. What other ways can I soothe her and make her calm down?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dippydoomomof2
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Have you tried to swaddle her? It worked for my DS when he was that age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKitty5
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Gripe water! It will calm her tummy and save your sanity.
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM

1) shushing sound mimics the whooshing blood heard while she was in your womb

2) your heartbeat also reminds her of the sounds she heard while in your womb

3) Pure darkness with rocking motion again reminds her of how she felt in your womb

4) singing/humming a lullabye or story

5) infant massage--start at the feet and rub towards the heart

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM

You need to calm down as well because they sense our energies and feed off of it, so deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth.

She may still be gassy--rub her belly counterclockwise, bicycle her legs, pat her back.

mommielouboutin
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:48 AM
I will try these. Thank u
expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Thought I would share this so you can give it a try. GL mama. Also I always used a shirt or something that had my scent on it as a blanket. That helps too when you have to leave baby with someone else. One more tip I have besides what the other moms suggested is to lift the head of the mattress. Some babies get more gas at night or a little reflux and its not comfortable to lay flat. Hope you can figure out what works :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommielouboutin
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Awe thank you so much :)

Quoting expectantmom81:

Thought I would share this so you can give it a try. GL mama. Also I always used a shirt or something that had my scent on it as a blanket. That helps too when you have to leave baby with someone else. One more tip I have besides what the other moms suggested is to lift the head of the mattress. Some babies get more gas at night or a little reflux and its not comfortable to lay flat. Hope you can figure out what works :-)

crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM

gripe water if it is colic. I used the gentle naturals tummy soother, My son would do the same every night starting at 9 he would be up screaming. I started putting the gripe water in his bottles starting at 6pm and he was a angel all night. Still did not sleep, but he was not screaming

squeakers2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:26 AM
The things that work with my 4 month old son was/is the bouncer seat, laying him across my legs on his stomach and moving them from side to side while patting his back, walking, bicycles, and the swing. For him, its all a matter of figuring out what works when and in what order. I know the putting them to sleep on their back is ideal, but he sleeps better on his side or stomach. If I'm laying down with him, he's on his side. If I'm awake while he is asleep, I lay him on his stomach and check on him often.

Just keep in mind that she will grow out of this. Z doesn't have as many nights of this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM

is she on formula?   she may not be tolerating it well, maybe talk to her doctor about changing it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN