Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Air Travel with a 7 Month Old

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 38 Replies

Hello Ladies!

Very soon my family and I will be moving from New Hampshire to California. Yay! Anyway, I've never traveled with my baby before, so I need some advice.

My biggest concern is about the formula. I had heard stories about how women weren't allowed to bring formula on the plane. I can't breastfeed so I can't exactly just whip out my boobs and feed her when she needs. Has anyone had issues with this before? 

Another concern I have is about the car seat. Can I bring it on the plane and put her in the seat next to me? Or does she have to travel on my lap? I've heard about that caddy where you can strap the car seat onto it and it has wheels which make it easier to go through the airport. Can that also come on the plane? 

How have you changed your baby while on the plane? In the seat? 

I know I'll have other questions later, but those are the biggest concerns right now. Any other advice is greatly appreciated!

thank you

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaybri2012
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM
you absolutely can bring formula on. I did over xmas and it was fine. I used premade bottles, sealed. its super easy to feed my son as needed without the mess.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaybri2012
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM
car seat needs to be checked. stroller too. they can gate check them. We were grateful for the stroller to carry stuff! I held baby on my lap.
kaybri2012
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
My advice? Bring a paci or use a bottle for baby to chew or suck on during take off and landing. it helps the ears pop.
mommylove818
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Yes you can take formula

Quoting kaybri2012:

car seat needs to be checked. stroller too. they can gate check them. We were grateful for the stroller to carry stuff! I held baby on my lap.

AngelicMommy_72
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:25 AM
I always to the very first flight in the morning to ensure that my son was really tired lol
I flew with ds 1 a couple times before Ds. 2 Came n ds 1 was formula Fed. I bought the water on the other side of the security check

I flew with both babies at the same time 16 months apart... I received praise every time I flew and it was quite a few times, one old lady was like great that girl has. a baby n we can't move.

as I got off she couldn't stop praising him lol mostly he was just tired n slept, We also did the very late late flight once n that helped too.
AngelicMommy_72
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Oh and by the way you can also take on a stroller if you have to, I did so thatI didn't have to carry 2 babies were the airport
.They Check it as you're getting on the plane

Of course we flew Southwest I don't know what company you're using lol
AngelicMommy_72
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I would check online or call and see what the policies are I think they even let you check walkers If you have to
carseats didn't count as part of your luggage, neither did the stroller.

AngelicMommy_72
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM
And you can take the faraway m put baby beside you you just have to pay for the extra seat.
Sorry if the mommies already answered your question I'm just trying to go through some of what I remembered
It also has to be airport in pre approved car seat, Maybe another mommy can tell you that means I forgot what its called, My little. guys were on my lap
merryvoice
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Good to know, thanks so much! We use Medela bottles, and those close up nicely. How many bottles did you bring? My current cooler can carry four, but I could get another cooler to be on the safe side. 

Quoting kaybri2012:

you absolutely can bring formula on. I did over xmas and it was fine. I used premade bottles, sealed. its super easy to feed my son as needed without the mess.

merryvoice
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Good to know, thanks!

Quoting kaybri2012:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)