Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

freezing our butts off.

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM
  • 38 Replies
0its freezing in ousr house. Temp ia 63. Set for 74. My bf went over his friends house to play cards. They didnt come oved here because they smoke. Well he drank, crashed over there because he doesn't want to deice drunk or buzzed. Its 7:46 and he still not home..me and kids are watching cartoons, bundles in blankets. Im trying my best to keep autumn, our newborn warm. Idk why it won't heat the house up. I tried looking for where the filter is but I cant find it. Its been running since he lefr last night. It will make the noise as if it heating up, stops after 1 minute, starts again after minute.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicaaris
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Oh man that sucks! I would be callling him non-stop (which I am sure you have tried too). Hopefully he gets home soon and gets it figured out. I know nothing about furnaces so I can't help there.

MrsWhite101610
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Turn your oven on and open the oven door. It may not be the safest but you won't freeze.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:40 AM

:( I hope you hear from him soon.

abuckalew
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM
In my old house my thermostat had an "emergency heat" setting. The heater would run and run but would blow cold air. Check you thermostat and make sure its on heat and not emergency heat. Hope this helps
mollysmom328
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM

We had this issue with ours.  There is a switch on ours to shut off the furnace.  If you have one.  Flip the switch (it is literally a light switch on the furnace) and shut it off.  Turn it right back on and it might reset it.

abra
by Abra on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:39 PM
bump! (we have a gas stove) Get warm soon!! Do you have someone else you can call for help?
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM
On furnace? Idk anything about it.

Quoting mollysmom328:

We had this issue with ours.  There is a switch on ours to shut off the furnace.  If you have one.  Flip the switch (it is literally a light switch on the furnace) and shut it off.  Turn it right back on and it might reset it.

mollysmom328
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Yes, on furnace.  Do you know where it is?

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting mollysmom328:

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I dont see swith. I see one but its not on it.my bf didnt cal landlord. It started heatig up during day but now at night it won't. He just left get space hwater. My 2 oldest are bundled uo and im keeping newborn close to me. I dont know how much his snake can take

Quoting mollysmom328:

Yes, on furnace.  Do you know where it is?

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting mollysmom328:

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Sadly no. Either live too far, no room or they smoke so cant stay there.

Quoting abra:

bump! (we have a gas stove) Get warm soon!! Do you have someone else you can call for help?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)