Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

My 14 month old is terrified of the bath tub all the sudden

Posted by   + Show Post
He was always fine and the last two weeks screams when I put him in it and claws at me til I take him out. I have no idea why or what to do....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
alandou
by April on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:34 AM
It's a phase. My dd went through it too and there was no rhyme or reason to it. She got over it and loved her baths just the same as if it never happened. It was very frustrating though.
HouseOfDisney
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I have a just over one year old too....... I don't frequently bathe her in the tub! I usually put her in the kitchen sink, she still fits........ and it a smaller and more confined space so she enjoys bath time.

LongBeachLiz
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
It's a phase. I have a detachable shower head and we use that. No standing water. Also he has mucho toys.
strawberryLVR
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

there are these little duck tubs that you blow up and put into your bath, they might feel more secure and use tons less water. might be worth a try? ours quacks LOL

mommy2lexinmark
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM
My 14 month old still goes in the baby tub he's scared to get in the tub w/o it
But maybe try new toys?
mommy2lexinmark
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM
We had that it was great!

Quoting strawberryLVR:

there are these little duck tubs that you blow up and put into your bath, they might feel more secure and use tons less water. might be worth a try? ours quacks LOL

mymanben
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Phase. Try making it a co
TripletMama180
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Uhh.. Does he have an older sibling? If so, maybe have the older one sit by the bathtub and sorta play in the water? Like "See its fun, big sibling likes it!" Me being a little sibling, I remember when I did everything like my brother, I wanted to be him. He was like the coolest of the cool in my little mind. So maybe try using that trick on him and see if it helps. :) Sorry if it doesn't, my kids aren't that old yet and I've never had to deal with that.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM
My son had a phase like this too
ktinaza
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM
He has an almost 4 year old brother. But they bath together and he's still scared.

Quoting TripletMama180:

Uhh.. Does he have an older sibling? If so, maybe have the older one sit by the bathtub and sorta play in the water? Like "See its fun, big sibling likes it!" Me being a little sibling, I remember when I did everything like my brother, I wanted to be him. He was like the coolest of the cool in my little mind. So maybe try using that trick on him and see if it helps. :) Sorry if it doesn't, my kids aren't that old yet and I've never had to deal with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)