Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I just think it's irritating when people get the obvious gender of your baby wrong.

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 66 Replies

She has a feminine face.

I take her out to the store in a pink carseat, wearing a pink and white shirt, a pink hat, pink socks, covered in a pink blanket.

So why are there still people asking my if my child is a boy? -_-

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama_Dolly
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Even after I told this old ladie ds was a BOY she went on to call him a girl/she... he wad wearing blue
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate that, too.

To my brother's defense, he is black and white color blind, so light blue and pink are pretty hard for him to distinguish.

But everybody else, c'mon!!!

Aireeahnah
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

The same thing happens when I tell people she is a girl. They continue on to call Lilli a cute little boy after that. xD

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

Even after I told this old ladie ds was a BOY she went on to call him a girl/she... he wad wearing blue

CafeMom Tickers
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM
That happened to me at a Denny's once. Callie had on everything pink, a pink blanket an a pink car seat. She def looked like a girl, curly hair down to her shoulders. A man asked if she was a boy. I said no she's a girl and he said well you never know nowadays.....

Really guy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM

heh, I've noticed some people just see what they want to see.

When they're very little, even if they're in pink or blue, people will just assume stuff.

Some people still think DD2 is a boy since she doesn't have much hair, at 11 months old, even though I typically dress her in girly stuff. Ultimately though, I'm not gonna let it bother me...I'll never see them again.

lauratupper
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Are they elderly? Boys used to be dressed in pink and girls were dressed in blue....sometime after world war two the colors switched. But some elderly people still associate wearing pink as being a boy and blue as a girl.

Aireeahnah
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM

They're not always elderly, no. But that's actually a really interesting fact that I wasn't aware of. Thanks!

Quoting lauratupper:

Are they elderly? Boys used to be dressed in pink and girls were dressed in blue....sometime after world war two the colors switched.

CafeMom Tickers
iansmommy9
by Natasha on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM

That used to tick me off so bad! DS was born with a head full of hair and never lost any of it, so I guess everyone that hair ment girl...even when he was wearing very boy-ish blue clothes. People even ignore your polite corrections. My MIL was so angry when I got his hair cut a few days before he turned 6 months old. I made sure they gave him a very boyish cut, but that solved our problem.

Salem2012
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM

YES!! This happened to me yesterday...i have a boy and he was in a blue hoodie and some old guy is like is it a boy or a girl? and im like really?! -.-

JLCrunch
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I've only gotten it once. DD was in head to toe pink, a stranger in his 30s or 40s comes up and say "he's so cute." I looked at DD and at him and had no words, I just kept walking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)