Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

wheres mommy?!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
My youngest just learned to crawl but he still doesn't like being put on the floor. He will crawl after me whining. It's getting so irritating! The twins weren't like this, they couldn't wait to be independent. But William is so attatched to me! Gah, I was hoping him crawling would spark some exploring interest but he just follows me around the house while I do chores
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kirstina
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM
It will get better.
abra
by Abra on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Yeah, sometimes thy go though phases like that. I just try to keep lots of interesting toys on the floor for them.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I have 4 kid's and one of my kid's was like this, LOL. Now he barely pays attention to me sometimes (or at least that's how it feels)

CelestialSong
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Mine was like that too! Even when she started walking, it took months before she would just go off and explore without being in arm's reach of me. She still prefers to stay close but will also run off and cause mischief when I'm not paying attention. :) They all reach independence at some point.
robibuni
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I complely understand!!!

My DD2 is very high needs and has always been clingy. I wish I could say it gets easier, but even mobilty hasn't changed her clingy ways. She can get distracted sometimes, and her sister plays with her sometimes which is fun for her...

My DD1 was never high needs, and was so much easier! :(

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM

It may be just a phase. It's very normal for babies to go through clinginess with their mommies at certain points. Since he just learned to crawl he's probably looking for a secure foundation so that he can feel confident on exploring his surroundings. Give him that security, and I'm sure he'll be very independant and on the go soon.

aniters
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Can someone.please tell me when this phase will end? Because my 14 month old.still follows me everywhere and he's been walking since 9 months :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)