Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help! Soothing baby?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

My darling baby boy is currently screaming, like full on red faced make yourself sick kinda crying. I fed him, walked with him, gave him a paci (which he promptly spit back out), put him in the swing, and pretty much everything else I can think of! NOTHING WORKS!! I'm gonna go insane! And better yet, his sisters should be up soon to nurse. This is probably just teething or a growth spurt, but HELPPPP!!!!

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kblpooh
by Krista on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Could he be in some type of pain? Gas pain? How old? You could try giving him gas drops or gripe water (I think that's what it's called). I hope he settles down soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

don't know how old, but the S's--swaddle, shhhsh, sway/swing, suck, stomach

we swaddled ours, layed them across our arms belly down (with us standing up) so that their face was where I could hold a pacifier in their mouth, sway back and forth and shhhhssh them.

abra
by Abra on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I hope you were able to get some sleep last night! ((hugs)) 

kirstina
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Sorry hope you got some sleep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TripletMama180
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks guys! Hes 7 months. And yes I finally got some sleep, though my mom had to handle him while I fed his sisters.... I guess he wanted gma or something because after a few minutes with her, everything was fine! She put him in the swing and sang him to sleep. :) 

mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Gas maybe? my baby girl is super gassy all the time.. trying massaging his belly and putting pressure on his belly an see if that works.

MotherofMiles
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Try holding him and making the sh sh sound over and over. Works for my 6 month old! Good luck
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Good luck hope you get some sleep
RADmomma
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I usually swaddle her, lay her belly side down over my arm & stand somewhere with white noise. Like by the heater, by the dryer or shower & sway while gently bouncing.

Or bounce her on my knee with my hand on her belly with gentle pressure while holding her pacifier in
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN