Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is it normal for her to spit up like this?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 6 Replies

My 5 month old has not really spit up, but maybe a few times a day for the past 2 months. But all of a sudden, it is like she is a newborn again. Everytime I get a new outfit on she spits up again. All of my furniture and carpets are literally covered in baby puke! It's just slightly alarming, because it's been so often!

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Is she teething?  Teething changes the PH of the stomach contents because of all the drool and can make them spit up more, as can sitting up more (bending at the waist, especially with a tight diaper on).

abra
by Abra on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Quoting emkirkley:

Is she teething?  Teething changes the PH of the stomach contents because of all the drool and can make them spit up more, as can sitting up more (bending at the waist, especially with a tight diaper on).

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I agree with above poster
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM

could be teething...could also be acid reflux...

Paradys
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I'm gonna go with teething also. Has she been drooling a lot, chewing on her hands, extra fussy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaybri2012
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM

My son does that, mainly because he is teething and has been since 4 months.  He's 7 months now.  He also inherited my trait of being a "happy spitter."  He spits up, but isn't upset about it or sick.  Having his hands in his mouth a lot of the time is one of the reasons he upchucks so often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN