Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dd is having dental surgery tomorrow.

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
My 4year old is having all her teeth fixed tomorrow. She cant have anything to eat after midnight and can only have clear liquids after that. Her surgery isnt scheduled til 12:30. we have to be at the hospital at at10:30am. What can I do to help her be okay with not getting breakfast and watching her brother and sister eat food? I was hoping she would have a earlier surgery time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM

What is wrong with her teeth already? Just curious, don't take this the wrong way.

kirstina
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM
She has a mouthful of cavities. Wehave bad teeth in our family. We brush her teeth twice a day and limit junk. I wish the kids had better teeth like their dad. He has never even been to a dentist and never had a toothache.
Her teeth are not straight either but they cant put braces on her until she get her adult teeth.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

What is wrong with her teeth already? Just curious, don't take this the wrong way.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM

play time maybe. its wierd they didnt schedual it earlier here they schedual every thing for young kids extremly early lol.

My 2 year old have to have some work done because she was born w/oout enamel :O(

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I see. I know what you mean, I take care of my teeth and I still need some of the back bottom ones removed surgically - that's how bad they are. Poor little one. I'm glad you're taking care of her teeth now so the big ones come in nice and healthy!

Quoting kirstina:

She has a mouthful of cavities. Wehave bad teeth in our family. We brush her teeth twice a day and limit junk. I wish the kids had better teeth like their dad. He has never even been to a dentist and never had a toothache.
Her teeth are not straight either but they cant put braces on her until she get her adult teeth.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

mama2my2boys
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM
my son is going in for dental surgery tomorrow alos but his apt is for 8am NPO after 11pm...no water nothing.....dik why they said clear fluids is fine....they arent.....when u go in for surgery you need to have nothing in your stomach....they told me dont even brush his teeth in the morning......Is this your fist time going? Ive gone with my older son (7) and they always make the apt for early. your child will be starving but you got to watch them like a hawk and make shure they dont sneak nothing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
We do our best to care for her teeth.i am hoping her adu.t teeth are better.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

I see. I know what you mean, I take care of my teeth and I still need some of the back bottom ones removed surgically - that's how bad they are. Poor little one. I'm glad you're taking care of her teeth now so the big ones come in nice and healthy!

Quoting kirstina:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

kirstina
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM
My son had it done a few years ago but it was scheduled. For earlier. They said she could have clear liquids including jello and Popsicle. Until 8:30 I dont remember. What it was when. My son had it done.

Quoting mama2my2boys:

my son is going in for dental surgery tomorrow alos but his apt is for 8am NPO after 11pm...no water nothing.....dik why they said clear fluids is fine....they arent.....when u go in for surgery you need to have nothing in your stomach....they told me dont even brush his teeth in the morning......Is this your fist time going? Ive gone with my older son (7) and they always make the apt for early. your child will be starving but you got to watch them like a hawk and make shure they dont sneak nothing
mama2my2boys
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM
2 hours before her apt????...is she being put under ? if so i wouldnt give her nothing 8 hours before her apt...including water

Quoting kirstina:

My son had it done a few years ago but it was scheduled. For earlier. They said she could have clear liquids including jello and Popsicle. Until 8:30 I dont remember. What it was when. My son had it done.

Quoting mama2my2boys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Yep she being put to sleep for it.

Quoting mama2my2boys:

2 hours before her apt????...is she being put under ? if so i wouldnt give her nothing 8 hours before her apt...including water

Quoting kirstina:

Quoting mama2my2boys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)