Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

convert carseat

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

i recently switched my daughter to a convert carseat, she's 6 months 20plus lbs, & is rear facing. i noticed w her as well as other kids their heads hang when they fall asleep in the car. i bought an "attachment" to help w the issue but it doesn't help. did you mamas find something to help your LOs head from hanging?

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Is it installed correctly? I would get take it to be installed properly because they should be quite reclined where their head hanging should not be an issue.

Also, unless the "attachment" that you bought for the seat was made by the car seat manufacturer you should not use it. It voids your warrantee and puts your child in danger.

kassidysmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM

yes, it is properly installed & reclined as far back as possible for her weight. i refuse to take it out of my car for that reason, so i don't have to worry ab getting it right again bc the rearfacing for her seat is a pain in the butt lol. all the other carseats were properly installed (our babies r us installs them when bought if you request as long as the person cert. is there) & their heads also hang :/ she sits unsupported very well (guidline for her seat), she has excellent head control, so none of these are the issue. the attatchment is like what we would use while traveling.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Is it installed correctly? I would get take it to be installed properly because they should be quite reclined where their head hanging should not be an issue.

Also, unless the "attachment" that you bought for the seat was made by the car seat manufacturer you should not use it. It voids your warrantee and puts your child in danger.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Can you take a picture of the seat in your car from the side?

I personally wouldn't trust the person from TRU/BRU to install my seat unless I saw a copy of their CPST certification because without that they are NOT qualified to install your seat.

amiesmomma
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM

i second the installation question.  It's quite hard to hang forward if reclined at the appropriate 45-degree angle.  Also, check your car's manual.  Some cars specifically prohibit car seat installation inthe middle because of the angle issue.  We use the latch system instead of the seatbelts and use pool noodles to create the appropriate angle.

kassidysmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM

it's at a 45degree angle. i can't take a pic at this moment my phone doesn't have flash, & its almost 8pm. she isn't in the middle because it wouldn't give the appropriate angle since it's "humped". her head only hangs when asleep, not any other time. it doesn't hang bad but enough to look uncomfortable like her head drops a little. she normally props on the side impact protection other times it looks like she is trying to play w the saftey clip if that makes sense lol. sometimes i think that's what she is doing since she trys to lick it when i put her in lol

kassidysmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM

yes the person was qualified, they wont do it unless 1 of the 2 people on staff is there. cert is hanging up front

Quoting emkirkley:

Can you take a picture of the seat in your car from the side?

I personally wouldn't trust the person from TRU/BRU to install my seat unless I saw a copy of their CPST certification because without that they are NOT qualified to install your seat.

kassidysmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM

i also have an appt at the fire dept to make sure it was installed correctly

kassidysmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM

these are the best pix i have of the carseat. 1 is before i adjusted her before leaving & the other a mirror view while we were waiting on grandma to come out if it can help at all. (its also a safety 1st seat)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Omg how cute
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)