Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

bad mom

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 4 Replies
I feel like a bad mom. My son is 5 months old and so whiny and fussy. He's got reflux but is on meds. No matter what we do he's hardly ever content on his own. I don't know if its his stomach bothering him or if its just how he is. The only time he's happy is if your physically entertaining him. He's constantly drooling and spitting up. Sometimes a little and other times a lot. I just feel like a bad mom because I let him fuss for awhile just so I can eat even. Nothing gets done unless he's asleep. I love him don't get me wrong but there's times when I wish he was a different baby. I feel like I don't know what I'm doing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Not a bad mom...

Some babies are just needier than others.  Do you have a wrap or sling you can carry him in?  I did many chores with my little girls in a wrap when they were very young.  If he's 5 months old, he may be drooling more because he's cutting teeth, which will make him reflux more because it changes the ph of the stomach contents.  Also, what medicine is he on?  Some have side effects like irritability, stomach cramps and headache, and some need to be adjusted monthly to keep up with weight gain.

mandapanda82
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM
That's how my dd is- shell be 6 months on the 30th. She's constantly fussy and I'm not even sure it's reflux. She is on Zantac and I give her that but she is still very whiny. I have to like you said entertain her all the time. She's doesnt even roll over or anything cuz she hates being on her belly so she lays there and cries. I can sit her on her bottom and shell sit up fine by herself but I'm worried cuz she's not even really doing much cuz she s always upset. And also in the car it's just her screaming the whole ride... Ugh I don't know what to do either. Hope they just outgrow it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM

hugs

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:55 PM
You are not a bad mom. My first had colic and that was really stressful. He wanted to be held all the time at night. So I barely got any sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN