Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Who does what in your household?

Cooking? barbecuing

Cleaning? washing dishes

Laundry? doing laundry

For those who have older kids, do they help?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Cooking- me, always
Cleaning- me & my 14 year old (the little boys help too)
Laundry- mainly my 14 year old anymore...it's AWESOME!! :-D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slrsgirl
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Cooking - me or DH although now that I am not working it is supposed to be me but occasionaly depending on the meal it is sometimes DH

Cleaning - mostly me, I asked DH to do kitchen after I had my first son but I feel like I am doing all of it now anyway.

Laundry - mostly me, Although my oldest son (2y/o) likes to help me - I take out one article of clothing at a time and hand it to him and he puts it in the dryer. It takes longer but he likes to help me.

CelestialSong
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Cooking - Evenly split, but hubby has been working late the past few weeks so I've been doing more cooking than I like :P
Cleaning - Split. He washes the dishes, litter box, and does a lot of the dirty work with the dog. I do most of the general cleaning.
Laundry - Me. I promised I would once we moved into a house, because he did it all for two years when we lived in our apartment!

He also does the outside work (shoveling, lawn mowing), but like laundry I have promised to do most of it once we're in a new house. I feel too on display and self conscious here on a super busy street, backyard open to a busy alley, people everywhere...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

cooking,cleaning, laundry all me... Dh only does it when he has too. He said he would cook if he got off ealier. We are all pretty hungary by the time he gets home at 6 so I make dinner and its ready when he gets home. Dh takes care paying all the bills and does the grocery shopping. 

hdbarth612514
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM

i do most everything around the house. i am a sahm and my dh works. i do make him take out the trash most of the time and my oldest son takes the dog out. but the rest of it i do it or it doesn't get done lol.

crystalrbp
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I do everything. Cook, clean, laundry, feed kids, get them a bath, put them to bed at night, and pretty soon I will be doing yard work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sayrat
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Me and our roommate I do every thing then some times our roomate will do dishes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KristenandCaleb
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Hubby always cooks, I clean and do laundry. He changes the baby when he is home and I always do the feedings (breastfed). He takes out garbage, changes litter box. Also does all the manly type work in the house.

redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM

cooking,laundry is my stuff

cleaning is df's until he finds a new job then everything will be me yay!

RedheadMama18
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I am a SAHM so I do the cooking, cleaning, and laundry.  I am about 3 weeks post partum after a c-section though so my DH has been helping out a lot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN