Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you fight cradle cap

Posted by   + Show Post
I've been brushing her hair as instructed but this morning i noticed a patch of flaky dry looking skin that I'm assuming is cradle cap. I worked at it with a brush for awhile but couldn't get it to go completely away. How do i stop it from getting worse and how do i get rid of what she already has?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
graycalico
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Coconut oil. It's great for everything.
clz0213
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Thanks for the help!!
LyndseyBlake980
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

baby oil than brush

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM
We never did a thing for it, just let it clear up on it's own which didn't take long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Is she formula fed or breast fed? She may have an allergy to soy, corn, cow's milk, or wheat, as those are the most common allergies.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Olive oil

cristina1122
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Let baby oil soak on babys head for as long as you can, then comb through and get off whiteners on top and hen wash babysit hair. It worked for Ds. don't pick at it..
emilyelephant
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I used baby oil and a comb, she had all over her head. I just scraped it off, she slept the whole time and it hasn't come back at all.

Ashcarter22
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM
They have a product in the store made by gentle naturals and its called cradle cap care.it worked pretty good on my son and then I made sure to not use too much shampoo on his hair bc I heard that causes it.not sure if thats ture or not tho.
amiesmomma
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM

My DD1 had it pretty bad.  we used baby oil and the scrubby side of a new sponge to get it off.  then baby oil, bath and brush as a preventative

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)