Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what are these red bumps on my child?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 14 Replies

My son is 9 months and i went to change his clothes and he has lil red bumps on his back. Im lost as to where they would come from. He is on a antibiotic but has had it before and has been on it for 4 days. and the only thing new he ate was multi cheerios last night and a glazed donut  this morning but neither of those would do that i wouldnt think. 

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkifam5
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Heat rash??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hdbarth612514
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

he did take a long nap in this sleeper with his dad and they both sweat.

Quoting nikkifam5:

Heat rash??

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Could be a ton of things. Heat rash, did u change detergents? Is he playing on the ground and get ant bites. (Im so sick of those) any pets inside could be flea bites
nikkifam5
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM
My kids always had heat rash they would sweat so much. I wouldn't worry , that is what it sounds like :)
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Is it amoxicillin?  Watch him closely to make sure it doesn't spread.  Even though he's had the antibiotic before, doesn't mean he isn't having a reaction to it.  Also, an allergic reaction to a new food can be from anything.  Don't discount the cherrios or the donut.

hdbarth612514
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM

yea it is amoxicillin. why?

Quoting jackiewal10:

Is it amoxicillin?  Watch him closely to make sure it doesn't spread.  Even though he's had the antibiotic before, doesn't mean he isn't having a reaction to it.  Also, an allergic reaction to a new food can be from anything.  Don't discount the cherrios or the donut.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Anything penicillin related is something to watch.  It is the most common med that people react to and the reaction can be anything from a mild reaction to a not-so-mild reaction.  And it needs to build up in the system before a reaction occurs.  So 4 days would be long enough.  But it will spread if that's what it is.  If it doesn't spread, it's something simple, like heat rash.

Quoting hdbarth612514:

Quoting jackiewal10:

nikkifam5
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM
My son is allergic to azithromiacine (so?) His rash was flat and blotchy head to toe. Does it look like that? If its flat and not raised its more likely an allergic reaction
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:43 PM
I agree. Im terribly allergic to amoxicillin, I bread out in red dots everywhere that are extremely itchy.

Outside of that, id say heat rash or yeast.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Anything penicillin related is something to watch.  It is the most common med that people react to and the reaction can be anything from a mild reaction to a not-so-mild reaction.  And it needs to build up in the system before a reaction occurs.  So 4 days would be long enough.  But it will spread if that's what it is.  If it doesn't spread, it's something simple, like heat rash.

Quoting hdbarth612514:

Quoting jackiewal10:

hdbarth612514
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM

yes flat and blotchy but only on his back. and more one side then the other.  i dont think it is any worse then it was a few hours ago so im goin to wait and see what it looks like in the morning. 

Quoting nikkifam5:

My son is allergic to azithromiacine (so?) His rash was flat and blotchy head to toe. Does it look like that? If its flat and not raised its more likely an allergic reaction

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)