Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I'm New! :-)

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi!  My name is Jane and I just joined this group tonight.  I have a DD who will be 5 in April and we just had our son on February 4th.  He will be 3 weeks old tomorrow.  He was scheduled for a repeat c-section on the 22nd but he decided to make an early appearance.  His name is Keegan.  This is him enjoying some snuggles with me!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. I went into labor early with my baby and they stopped my labor and did csection anyways. Ur lucky
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome and congrats!!

He is adorable!
RedheadMama18
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I started having preterm labor at 34 weeks and they stopped it with terbutaline.  Then when I had him I went in at 36 weeks 5 days.  My contractions were 1-2 minutes apart and I dilated from 1-2 in about 45 minutes.  Keegan was breech and when the OB checked me he could feel him so they did my c-section then.  The hospital I delivered at doesn't do VBACs so they weren't taking any risks that he might have started coming out but I'm not sure it would have mattered.  He had been breech for several weeks at my appointments.  How far along were you when you had your c-section?

Quoting sahmw2010:

Welcome. I went into labor early with my baby and they stopped my labor and did csection anyways. Ur lucky

RedheadMama18
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Thank you! :-)

Quoting momma2b2008:

Welcome and congrats!!

He is adorable!

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Well this was my 3rd. I was in the last week before schedualed csection. Friday was checked not dialated. Started having contractions that evening about 10min about constant no matter what i did (walk, relax) so we go in, i was fialated to 2cm within 10hrs from that morning. So they kept me 2 hours. Didnt prgress furthur an contractions stayed 10min apart. So got sent hone. All week long 10 min apart no matter what i did. Finally that following friday night/sat morning it was aweful. I woke hubby from a dead sleep in pain, still 10min apart but he brought me in saying they will not send me home again. If course ince i got out of bed they hit like 2min apart. I was 5cm dialated wgen they checked me and then i had a nurse on one side pushing fluids another nurse on other side pushing the stuff to stop labor and a nurse asking me questions thats already on file while im having a contractions and not hearing her ask

Quoting RedheadMama18:

I started having preterm labor at 34 weeks and they stopped it with terbutaline.  Then when I had him I went in at 36 weeks 5 days.  My contractions were 1-2 minutes apart and I dilated from 1-2 in about 45 minutes.  Keegan was breech and when the OB checked me he could feel him so they did my c-section then.  The hospital I delivered at doesn't do VBACs so they weren't taking any risks that he might have started coming out but I'm not sure it would have mattered.  He had been breech for several weeks at my appointments.  How far along were you when you had your c-section?

Quoting sahmw2010:

RedheadMama18
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM

That sounds really hectic!  I know everything happened so fast for me too when the OB said he was doing my c-section.  No time to take it all in that my baby was coming almost 3 weeks early.

Quoting sahmw2010:

Well this was my 3rd. I was in the last week before schedualed csection. Friday was checked not dialated. Started having contractions that evening about 10min about constant no matter what i did (walk, relax) so we go in, i was fialated to 2cm within 10hrs from that morning. So they kept me 2 hours. Didnt prgress furthur an contractions stayed 10min apart. So got sent hone. All week long 10 min apart no matter what i did. Finally that following friday night/sat morning it was aweful. I woke hubby from a dead sleep in pain, still 10min apart but he brought me in saying they will not send me home again. If course ince i got out of bed they hit like 2min apart. I was 5cm dialated wgen they checked me and then i had a nurse on one side pushing fluids another nurse on other side pushing the stuff to stop labor and a nurse asking me questions thats already on file while im having a contractions and not hearing her ask

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting sahmw2010:

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM
My middle was also a scheduled. They did him early. Due date aug 26, they took him aug 6. Its funny, both the middle and baby had the exact same due date

Quoting sahmw2010:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting sahmw2010:

RedheadMama18
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Oh wow that is crazy!  My DD was an emergency c-section.  I was in labor for 23.5 hours with her and she was almost a week late.  I had her at 40 weeks 5 days.  I was not expecting to have preterm labor and an early baby this time around!

Quoting sahmw2010:

My middle was also a scheduled. They did him early. Due date aug 26, they took him aug 6. Its funny, both the middle and baby had the exact same due date

Quoting sahmw2010:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting sahmw2010:

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM
The day i went in to be induced for DD is when i went into labor. She was head down a week prior at last check up. Flipped and was breach when i was in labor so she was an emergency csection..

Quoting sahmw2010:

Quoting sahmw2010:

Quoting RedheadMama18:

Quoting sahmw2010:

jessicaaris
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN