Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

The Diaper Debate....**UPDATED**

Posted by   + Show Post

Earlier today, I was with some gal pals, all of whom have children, all but one of which still have babies in diapers.....during our luncheon....3 of the ladies got into a debate over what the best diaper brand was....their passion in their particular brands was.....well....unbelievable really....I didn't realize it was something some people held such strong feelings on....so.....what brand do you use?   2nd choice?

For myself....I do like "Huggies" the best....but usually buy what ever I can afford at the time....which is usually either "Parents Choice" or "Cuties".....

**Update**  Thank you ladies for your participation.  This has just confirmed what I was trying to get through to my gal pals the other day....every baby is different....what works for one, may not work for the next.   It's funny the number of replies that state one brand or another seemed to leak more then another....I personally have leakage problems with the Pampers...(although I do like how thin the Pampers are)....that I don't have with the Huggies, (or even the cheap-o "Cuties").   Yet....a lot of moms on here have said just the opposite....that they have more leakage problems with the Huggies....see....just goes to show....just because someone might do something different from how we might....doesn't necessarily make it wrong!

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
babygomez
by April on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Luvs, and HEB (store brand).

MamaBear2cubs
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I adore Pampers and Luvs.

angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM

We only use huggies.

ChutterButter
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Ds has sensitive skin and breaks out if I put him in anything but Pampers. That's my brand of choice anyway so we just buy Pampers Cruisers.

MommyofSCC
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I cloth diaper, but when I use disposable I use pampers swaddlers.

alandou
by April on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

DD started out in Pampers Swaddlers, which I loved but then we switched to buying bulk in Huggies. Then I had to start using Pampers Dry at night for her because she was leaking and I never had a problem after that. I tried Target's "Up & Up" brand and really liked them. They are just like Huggies but cheaper. Never had a problem with those either. Now DD is daytime trained but still wears a diaper at night and that's usually just the store brand where ever I am shopping at the time.

kameka
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Come over to Cuties with Cloth Booties - I bet we can help you :)

I love my cloth! If I HAVE to do disposable I get pampers or huggies, preferably the sensitive.

Quoting PolkaDots3220:

I would love to use cloth but I had such a hard time with it. I had the kind with the inserts and plastic button snaps. I could never really figure them out :/
I use only Huggies. Ever lol. If I can't afford them (only happened once) I had my parents buy a box for each of the kids.
It may sound like I'm diaper snooty. I'm not- dd has weird skin allergies and SUPER sensitive skin. She breaks out with any other diaper I have tried (except cloth) and ds has only used huggies just because of DDs skin issue I don't want I chance it.

RedheadMama18
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I like Pampers the best, followed by Luvs.

Aylasmommy1
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:04 AM
I have to use cloth my daughter is allergic to all disposables.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
squeakers2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:10 AM
With my daughter, we used Pampers. She would pee through any other kind without so much as making the diaper wet. Now she's able to use Huggies Pull Ups at night, potty trained during the day.

With my son, he used Pamper for the first month, then he was in cloth. He has been in cloth for 3 months now, except for when I had to use steriod cream that wasn't CD safe.

Different brands work for different kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)