Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

The Diaper Debate....**UPDATED**

Posted by   + Show Post

Earlier today, I was with some gal pals, all of whom have children, all but one of which still have babies in diapers.....during our luncheon....3 of the ladies got into a debate over what the best diaper brand was....their passion in their particular brands was.....well....unbelievable really....I didn't realize it was something some people held such strong feelings on....so.....what brand do you use?   2nd choice?

For myself....I do like "Huggies" the best....but usually buy what ever I can afford at the time....which is usually either "Parents Choice" or "Cuties".....

**Update**  Thank you ladies for your participation.  This has just confirmed what I was trying to get through to my gal pals the other day....every baby is different....what works for one, may not work for the next.   It's funny the number of replies that state one brand or another seemed to leak more then another....I personally have leakage problems with the Pampers...(although I do like how thin the Pampers are)....that I don't have with the Huggies, (or even the cheap-o "Cuties").   Yet....a lot of moms on here have said just the opposite....that they have more leakage problems with the Huggies....see....just goes to show....just because someone might do something different from how we might....doesn't necessarily make it wrong!

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
Scarllet
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Ive tried all of them I think my favorite is Luv's and my 2nd favorite is Huggies.

stargaze281
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:42 AM
pampers and Huggies are good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ana5052
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Target diapers r what we use.. They never leak and they r so much cheaper!
littlemonaghan
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Cloth!!!

with that being said, when we occasionally need to use sposies, I use huggies little movers.

I used to use pampers on her for those occasional time but she always leaked through them. I tried huggies while we were on vacation and when she didn't leak I was amazed. lol.

Still though, we're cloth addicts. I have over 100 diapers. Needless to say, I could have 3 kids right now and never need to buy a diaper, lol

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I preferred pampers until I started using cloth. I used Huggies when there was a good sale, but for some reason the little Velcro tabs used to break on me.
risaspieces
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I wanted to do cloth but since I can only do laundry every 2 weeks its not doable for us at this time.

We use huggies, but that's because I have a ton of coupons for them making them cheaper than any other brand.
mama_bear77
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Pampers then luvs
lammertc
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM

With my first daughter, who is 4 now, I used Pampers. I hated Huggies because they seemed to leak really bad. Now, with my 2nd daughter who is 4 months I use Huggies and don't really care for Pampers. The Pampers feel softer but I've noticed they make it seem like my daughter is wetter than she is. There have been many times when I would change her because she felt pretty wet but when I took the diaper off it was almost dry. I've also noticed that when she is really wet her clothes will feel damp too, in the crotch area.

So this time around, I'm all about Huggies. Haven't tried Luv's but I have tried the Target brand, which aren't too bad. 

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
jenzachsam
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

We cloth here :)  

robibuni
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I like Pampers, honestly. We can't ever NOT afford them, so I don't use anything else.

When DD2 is older and potty training, I'll just stick her in pull-ups :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN