Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stranger danger

Posted by   + Show Post
My two year old has no stranger danger. She talks to anyone who will listen and walks right up to people. It makes me nervous. Any tips on how to handle this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Replies (11-15):
Salem2012
by Anais on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Lol not there yet i have an almost 1 year old!

paganmommy4
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:30 AM

I read an article about TRICKY STRANGERS.. but at her age, its simply if mommy doesnt know them then you don't know them. As they get older it becomes No adult would ask a kid to look for a puppy or kitten that was lost.

JasonsMom2007
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:36 AM
We don't say don't talk to strangers. Instead my son knows he cannot talk to them without us present, cannot go anywhere with them, them and cannot take anything from them without permission.
Talking to strangers is an important skill I was never taught. I was afraid to even order at a restaurant or buy something because stranger danger was so beat into me. But police officers, fire fighters, and other strangers can be important to talk to.
I was even afraid to make a phone call it was so bad. I would make hubby do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:32 AM
My 21month old is like that 2! Other day took her to urgent care and they called her name and she just ran to the nurse and followed her back (i was filling out a few papers) i was mortified the nurse let her.
SaraSnider
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:37 AM
I was like that to. I only started going places by my self a couple years ago. I still get nervous around new people and avoid all things that may end in me having to talk to people i don't know. Im scared of alot of things because i was told how bad the world is as a child. Idk if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol seems im paranoid.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

We don't say don't talk to strangers. Instead my son knows he cannot talk to them without us present, cannot go anywhere with them, them and cannot take anything from them without permission.

Talking to strangers is an important skill I was never taught. I was afraid to even order at a restaurant or buy something because stranger danger was so beat into me. But police officers, fire fighters, and other strangers can be important to talk to.

I was even afraid to make a phone call it was so bad. I would make hubby do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)