Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Tips or advice for flying with a toddler?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 11 Replies

In a few months I will be flying solo with my ds. I am just trying to gets tips/advice to let it go a little more smoothly.

eta: He is 14 months right now. It will be anywhere between 3-5 months from now. We are not sure of the exact date yet, it will more than likely sooner than later. I am a a bit of a planner, lol

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brightonsmom12
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM

BUMP!

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Bring something for him to do! Some toys or coloring. Shoot even i needed a book to read. Sorry thats all i can suggest
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ifunanya
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Packing too much is better than packing too little...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Bump!

ceckyl
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Use a lightweight seat for travel, board early to install it, pack a few toys, a few snacks...
abra
by Abra on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Bring an empty bottle or sippy cup and before the flight takes off or lands, ask if the stewardess will fill it with something to drink. It will help his ears pop so the pressure change won't hurt him. 

LittlePiggies5
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM
bring a small gift bag for the other passengers with ear plugs, candy, and an apology note.
B1Bomber
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Try to schedule your flights at times when you know he will sleep. If he doesn't sleep well in strange places, try to schedule for his best time of day.

bnkirk24
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:52 AM

When I went on a plane with my 3 year old he was fine with coloring books and toys when we were going to our destination but when we had to fly back it was later at night and he had a serious melt down for 20 minutes on the plane. I was so embarassed but there wasnt much i could do on a plane. The guy that was sitting behind me let me borrow his portable dvd player because his kid fell asleep and it worked amazing. I would definitely recommend taking one of those. 

erikays
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Toys! Brings tons of little toys and snacks. That helped when I flew with my oldest in the past.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)