Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ponytail Alternatives for "Mom Hair"

Posted by   + Show Post

If you’re tired of the hair bun look, the ponytail is another easy and convenient mom hair staple. But the ponytail can also look boring.

Here are ways to revamp your ponytail:

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
abra
by Abra on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Easy braided ponytail hairstyle how-to

evilangel198431
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep the point of a ponytail for me is that its fast and easy. Those all look way too complicated

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

me either.

still too much work...haha!

Quoting LadySaphira:

very cute but I could nevr do thsoe myself...I can barely manage a pony tail LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shylynn22
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Making for later
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM

My hair is short.  Super fast and easy to do, and little ones can't pull it easily.  LOL 

abra
by Abra on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I had short hair for my first two kids. :- ) 

Quoting XOXOnBubbles:

My hair is short.  Super fast and easy to do, and little ones can't pull it easily.  LOL 

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

Gabrielle1982
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM

VERY pretty but would take me hours to figure out.  Wish I could, I have tried.  :(   I can't even get bobby pins figured out.  Anything with a french braid is also completely out of the question.  I'm not sure how I can't do hair AT ALL considering I grew up in a house FULL of girls.

abra
by Abra on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I can't french braid either, but bobbypins are super easy! I danced ballet for 7 years so bobbypins are a huge part of my skill set. :-) Just make sure you put the crooked edge down (on your head) and that helps hold them in place so they don't fall out. 

http://honeyandfitz.com/wordpress/2011/10/18/bobby-pin-101/

Quoting Gabrielle1982:

VERY pretty but would take me hours to figure out.  Wish I could, I have tried.  :(   I can't even get bobby pins figured out.  Anything with a french braid is also completely out of the question.  I'm not sure how I can't do hair AT ALL considering I grew up in a house FULL of girls.

Gabrielle1982
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM

My problem is keeping them open long enough to get into my hair, lol.  I'm very active and I stick with the bun.  I just use several hairties to keep it secured and if I have a few rooster pieces sticking, oh well. 

Quoting abra:

I can't french braid either, but bobbypins are super easy! I danced ballet for 7 years so bobbypins are a huge part of my skill set. :-) Just make sure you put the crooked edge down (on your head) and that helps hold them in place so they don't fall out. 

http://honeyandfitz.com/wordpress/2011/10/18/bobby-pin-101/

Quoting Gabrielle1982:

CafeMom Tickers
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Thanks for giving me something to do when I woke up at 3 in the morning ;) I did my hair like this today. It seemed the most friendly for my medium length + bangs. I'll try to post a pic.

Quoting abra:

ponytail-ideas

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel like I look naked without my glasses LOL. I was in a panic this morning because I couldn't find them. >.<

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)