Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Embarrassing moments?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:46 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Did you have any embarrassing moments during pregnancy/labor/delivery? Share! If you want to, of course...

I'll start. My water broke just as I was getting out of my vehicle to turn in paperwork for my job. My husband worked with me, so he tried to drive me to the hospital but was too hysterical so we had to pull over a block down the road and I drove myself. Once we got there,  and I stood up, the gushing just kept coming. I was standing at the check-in desk trying to squeeze my legs together and keep it in because there were people in the lobby but there was no holding back once I had to go to my room. I had to walk and, well, yeah...Niagara Falls. Then after I was in my gown and in the bed, the nurse was asking me questions and I passed gas! Twice! My butt kept interrupting her, LoL! I was so embarrassed! I didn't even know it was coming, but she was understanding about it.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissy852
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:06 AM
i pooped during labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:46 AM
With my first i would say the bm during pushing, with my 2nd i would say my cursing at every staff member trying to tell me i was to far to get an epi.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:52 AM
That's exactly how it happened with me. But I did manage to get everyone away from me when I couldn't not relieve myself while I was in labor with my first.

Quoting SaraSnider:

With my first i would say the bm during pushing, with my 2nd i would say my cursing at every staff member trying to tell me i was to far to get an epi.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyofSCC
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I would say in retrospect it was how much I was screaming.  My epidural failed and the pain was insane.  And I was arguing with an awful doctor.

USD2012
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I had a c-sec... its no drama at all.. got to say I elected a c-sec. Was too scared for a normal.. my mind and body were preset and with so much emotional drama I got everybody on to a c sec. bloody coward I am.. regreat it though.

robibuni
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I had my first c-section with DD1. When I was moved to my PP room and the nurse took out my catheter and let me walk around for the first time since the surgery, I stood up, and out fell the BIGGEST BLOOD CLOT EVER. Just like "plop"...it was sooooo embarassing (despite knowing its normal!), and the nurse told me "Don't worry about it honey. This is what I'm here for!"

lauratupper
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM

nothing that embarrassed me no.

slrsgirl
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM

With my second son, after he came out and my Doc (who had become like a friend during my pregnancy) was about to start sewing me up and big blood clot came shooting out and almost hit her in the face

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM

My first son I peed on myself at the labor and delivery desk.  

My second son I dilated from 4-19 in 30 minutes and my dr was delivering another baby. I practically pushed him out myself.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

whoopsie16
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM
when I was preg. we were at a check in desk to visit my uncle and I had this looonnnggg loud smelly fart and I couldnt hold it in & didnt have anywhere to walk away to. I tried to play it off but it just smelled so horrible even the lady behind the desk started coughing and tried to act like she didnt smell it. Finally I just apologized and asked for some air freshner so they sprayed it everywhere lol
sssoooo humiliating haha

ETA: while I was pushing everytime I pushed I puked to the point of filling up the bucket. well my dad couldnt switch out the buckets fast enough so I puked all over his arm.

and after I had the baby a nurse came to squeeze my tummy to push the blood out. she asked if I minded if a student nurse watched...at least thats what I thought she said. I fell asleep within a few minutes and she took off my pad and stuff to check me out and when I opened my eyes there was a room full of student nurses and I was soooo uncomfortable & embarassed. I just thought she was gonna squeeze my stomach!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)