Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Colicky Baby :(

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 23 Replies

Hello Ladies,

First time mother to a six week old baby boy here. Everyday, for the last many weeks, we've seen our little guy change and grow. It seems like everyday he's doing something new. Something cute, something exciting. Well, the new cool thing he does now is to cry his eyes out.  For the past week he fusses and whines for hours without stop. Without pause, without let up. Always during the early morning hours, for several hours straight. It's a new found level of frustration being incapable of consoling your child. We've literally tried everything except chloroform. We've changed him, feed him, rocked him and swaddled him. Shushed him, begged him and pleaded with him. We've danced, we've sung. Made faces, even offered him money. Nothing has worked. Nothing consoles him, he's inconsolable! Nothing provides any amount of soothing. Nothing seemed to stop the endless flow of wittle tears. 

That was until my husband tried the obvious. THE most simplest of tricks. A way in which many a babies fall asleep everyday, and do so all by themselves. It's something we've had to do every morning of every day for the last week. But, it's the only thing that works. My husdand made this video of a morning colicky episode as a reminder of the joy of parenthood for our son to look back on and watch when he grows up. 

Anyone else dealing with a Colicky LO? If so, how do you console them? What's your method?

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Two of my babies were "diagnosed" with colic. We took them to a holistic chirorpractor who found their neck and back were out, he fixed the problem and the colic disappeared. Good luck!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Never dealt with colic, bump!
angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Never dealt with colic, bump!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

ColieO
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Awwww cute. My daughter hated the car, but she was pretty colicky too. Cosleeping worked for us. I think the incline from her laying on me was what did it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandapanda82
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Omg you guys go through this every morning?! My dd hates the car she screams the whole ride, I had to use cio with my dd very young cuz nothing else would work. I tried co sleep, baby wearing, the car, everything! Turns out she just needed a little cry. Because that's the only thinh that got her to sleep, and nothing crazy I didn't let her cry for hour or anything just like 10 mins, less usually. Even when I would try and console her or rock her that made it worse. She s not a cozy cuddly baby she hates being cuddled she needs her space. But cio isn't recommended for young babies like your lo. Very cute video btw!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jhslove
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM

This is a really cute video! Your husband is very creative.....

But to answer your question, my daughter was colicky too, and it was awful. I found the "Five S's" from the Happiest Baby on the Block to be a complete lifesaver. For us, it was tight swaddling, white noise, bouncing on an exercise ball while holding her in our arms, and then letting her sleep in a swing or her car seat.

It does pass! Hang in there!

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Ours girls didn't have it. But my chiropractor always said if baby does to come and see him. He can help us.

newbornstouch
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM

We trying Gripe Water. So far so good.

babygomez
by April on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Lol Cute video. :)

My babies rarely ever cried.

mommy21togirl
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM
my baby use to cry until we gave her gas drops twice a day it works good
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN