Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

update on the gi appt for my fpies child

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 4 Replies
Declan went to the gi today. He has fpies and now that we have that controlled his reflux has beem awful. The reflux meds have stopped working. Becau se of his history the gi gave us 2 options. The first is to proceed with an upper gi endoscope and send it ft or biopsy. That will tell us how bwd his reflux is snd test for other gi issues. The other option was to pump for 3 days and only feed him neocate provided by the dr to see if hes still reacting despite an elimination diet. If that di esnt help he would then be scoped. We chose to schedule the scope and not do neocate at all. His symptoms now all lead to reflux and we want to get answers and not waste any more time. His gi told us he would rather scope him beca use even with his fpi es breast is best for him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mandapanda82
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Oh well at least it looks as if you're getting closer to an answer. It's just awful poor Declan has been having to suffer..:( I hope for Declan this endoscopy will come back with answers to help him finally
MisfitInTN
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Im hoping so too. Hes had a pretty good day today. Hes nursed all day and no bottles so hes spit up very little. His weight is still below what it was 3 weeks ago though

Quoting mandapanda82:

Oh well at least it looks as if you're getting closer to an answer. It's just awful poor Declan has been having to suffer..:( I hope for Declan this endoscopy will come back with answers to help him finally
mandapanda82
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Good.. I bet as he gets older he will grow out of it? Is that what usually happens?

Quoting MisfitInTN:

Im hoping so too. Hes had a pretty good day today. Hes nursed all day and no bottles so hes spit up very little. His weight is still below what it was 3 weeks ago though

Quoting mandapanda82:

MisfitInTN
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM
If its just fpies he should but if they find something else he may not. Its all a wait and see

Quoting mandapanda82:

Good.. I bet as he gets older he will grow out of it? Is that what usually happens?

Quoting MisfitInTN:

Quoting mandapanda82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN