Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How To Get Baby To Crib?! Is it impossible?!

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 13 Replies

My daughter is 3 months old and she ONLY sleeps in her swing. She has had severe acid reflux that has made a vast improvement. {which is why I started the swing sleeping, anyways}. Long story, short.. she HATES her crib at night. During the day she will play in it.. watch the mobile, listen to the music and she seems to really enjoy it. However, at bed-time she screams non-stop when we put her in her bed. I feel as though it would be beneficial for her to sleep in her bed, shes outgrown the swing and the motor actually quit last night. At this point Im open to suggestions!! Please help. Thanks Mamas!

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
felicia0387
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Mabye put a nightlight near her crib so that she can see the things around her. If worse comes to worse may just have to let her cry it out.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I had a baby who would only sleep in the swing or with me. But by 4 months baby was sleeping in the crib.

EricaND
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:43 AM
I let her cry for an hour last night and then couldnt handle it. I plan to buy a soother with lights today to try out. Im not optimistic though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Can you get a wedge for her acid reflux? Put her in that in her crib?
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
You let a THREE month old cry for an hour? I'm no fan of CIO but even that would tell you 3 months is WAY too young and an hour at any are is way too long. Poor baby.

Quoting EricaND:

I let her cry for an hour last night and then couldnt handle it. I plan to buy a soother with lights today to try out. Im not optimistic though
amy31308
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Can you rock her to sleep and then lay her down once she is asleep?
acook0331
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM

We always started with naps in the crib and worked up to bedtime.  We have an aquarium that plays music and we plug in a nightlight.  He has been in his crib since he was 10 months old.  He is almost 2.

acook0331
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

You should never let your baby cry for that long.  We do 15 minutes, max.

Quoting EricaND:

ascott0919
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Mines the opposite! He hates naps in it but loves for bedtime!, but we have white noise like a fan sound when he sleeps or he wakes up...another thing...let her cry for like 10 min go in let her know your there , then walk back out keep repeating till she knows shes ok and your there..hope it helps!
MinglingMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

We were co-sleeping and using her bassinet for naps and now we are using her crib for naps and her bassinet at night. She seems to work better with transitions like this. Three months old is still too young to let her cry it out, definitely try some sort of sound machine or something. Our LO falls asleep really well with white noise. I try to only use it when she's really upset though because I don't want her to depend on it too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)