Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

That Baby Smell

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you like the way your baby smells?

Options:

I could smell my baby all day, I formula feed

I could smell my baby all day, I breast feed

My child smells good, formula feed

My child smells good, breast feed

I don't notice, formula feed

I don't notice, Breast feed

My baby stinks! Formula feed

My baby stinks! Breast feed

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 49

View Results

I'm addicted to the way my babies smells. Is it just all babies or only breastfed babies. Mommies who formula feed do you think your baby smells good? Do any of you breast feeding mommies think your baby doesn't smell so great?

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eliots_momma
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I bf and even his poo didnt bother me, dh said it smelled like popcorn :) Now that he is doing solids in addition to bm he has smelly poos :(

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I breastfeed. No smelly poop, and they smell sweet.

Formula fed babies smell horrible to me. They smell like formula, and their poop/spit up is terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriangavin
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I love the way mine smells :) his poo not so much tho lol so i put a fridge fresh in the trash can lid

norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Baby heads smell awesome! My bf baby poop smelled like hardly anything.

On a sad note, dh has never been able to smell that baby smell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM
2 moms liked this
My dd was/is still breastfed. She always had a natural sweet milky smell to her. And before any solids were introduced, her poops always smelled sweet too lol. I miss her breastmilk-only poops!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenandCaleb
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM

That is hilarious, my little man is BF and hubby says it smells like popcorn as well hahaha. I don't mind the smell either, it kind of smells like vanilla oddly.

Quoting Eliots_momma:

I bf and even his poo didnt bother me, dh said it smelled like popcorn :) Now that he is doing solids in addition to bm he has smelly poos :(

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it smells like popcorn and my husband thinks it smells like baking bread LOL

Quoting KristenandCaleb:

That is hilarious, my little man is BF and hubby says it smells like popcorn as well hahaha. I don't mind the smell either, it kind of smells like vanilla oddly.

Quoting Eliots_momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenandCaleb
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM

hahaha, I have said that too! When you breastfeed those diaper pails are useless, the smell isn't strong at all. I will fill up a bag of diapers and not even smell it.

Quoting Randi02:

I think it smells like popcorn and my husband thinks it smells like baking bread LOL

Quoting KristenandCaleb:

Quoting Eliots_momma:

MamaBear2cubs
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I never really understood the whole baby smell lol. Mine smelled okay most times.

louzannalady
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I could smell my baby all day. Even stinky diapers smell sweet (still smell like poop, mind you, but sweet poop)! Well, now that he has started on some solids, they are getting to smell more like normal poop. Beyond that, if I need a pick me up, I just sniff him. It causes a hormone interaction and causes the release of Oxytocin! : ) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN