Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedsharing Mamas with newborns....

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 32 Replies
What do you use for a co-sleeper if you put Peanut between you and DH?

We have a king-size but its just on a box-spring on the floor.... we live in an open loft and its hidden behind the couch. If I had it on a frame i'd get a sidecar sleeper, but they're too high.

The SnuggleNests that I'm seeing on Amazon look flimsy and not very sturdy for darn near $50. What do you think of using a 4 sided contoured changing pad instead? This is until she starts to roll over and then ill use a pack and play bassinet instead...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stpreggers
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM
We didn't use anything, but the changing pad should work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nolanzo
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I wish I didn't have to! DH sleeps so heavily that I feel like I need to have her 'inside' something so he's more aware of her next to him.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

We didn't use anything, but the changing pad should work.

kss12
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM
My husband is the same.. I used to roll up a towel and put it in between hubby and baby instead of spending a ton of money on something baby wouldn't use long. Changing pad sounds good just may not be too comfortable for you guys to sleep next to. I'm not sure where you live but if you have a kids consignment store or a place called "once upon a child" check them out. I went there to sell some of my baby stuff and I saw a ton of things in new condition that I would have bought had I known they were there. Good luck!
Nolanzo
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Lmao... I was JUST there yesterday. No luck :( but I'm going to keep checking:)

Ours is rather small and 99% clothes/shoes.... not so much with the bigger equipment, unfortunately :(

Quoting kss12:

My husband is the same.. I used to roll up a towel and put it in between hubby and baby instead of spending a ton of money on something baby wouldn't use long. Changing pad sounds good just may not be too comfortable for you guys to sleep next to. I'm not sure where you live but if you have a kids consignment store or a place called "once upon a child" check them out. I went there to sell some of my baby stuff and I saw a ton of things in new condition that I would have bought had I known they were there. Good luck!

acook0331
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM

My baby always goes in the crook of my arm and I keep my arm stretched out so I feel my husband if he moves.  Oddly, he doesn't move much when we have a baby in the bed.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I kept him on my side.
luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I used the changing pad..he still lays in it and he's 4 mos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nolanzo
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Oooh. Thank you, this is what I wanted to hear :)

I would put her in a regular bassinet but I'm having a c section and I can't see being real thrilled about having to get up and out of bed every two hours to nurse... seems so much more practical. Thank you!

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM

baby should be on the outside of you, not between you and dh.   we don't use anything until they start moving... then we put up the bed rail.

luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM
No prob...I never used the changing table so I figured y waste it.

Quoting Nolanzo:

Oooh. Thank you, this is what I wanted to hear :)

I would put her in a regular bassinet but I'm having a c section and I can't see being real thrilled about having to get up and out of bed every two hours to nurse... seems so much more practical. Thank you!

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)