Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi ladies! New to the group. Question about fever and fussiness

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:14 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hi I'm Kayla. I have a 6 1/2 month old son. So I took him to the dr on Friday because his eye was a little pink. He had pink eye but I caught it early. No fussiness or anything. We come home and I notice he is a little warm. Later on he has a 100.7 temp. I thought it was from pink eye but turned out he had a tooth coming in. So Saturday and yesterday (Sunday) his tooth was breaking through and his fever was getting higher and higher. Sat it reached 101.4 but by Sunday it was 102.4 ....Tylenol hardly worked. I bought Motrin yesterday and it worked like a charm but fever would come back when it wore off. So his tooth is finally out but his fever is still here and keeps coming back!!!
This has to be something else right!?!? Ear infection!?? I doubt teething would have a fever that will not go away after tooth is cut.
Please help. I'm going to take him in tomorrow. My poor baby has been so miserable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TCain0001
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Could be a cold or the fly, or an ear infection caused by the teething (anything involving the mouth can effect the ear as well......hubby gets a toothache, and ends up with ear infections all the time).  Just keep an eye on the fever, keep giving him the Motrin for pain and fever, cool baths will help also with the fever.  I also used to put a little whiskey on my kids' gums when they were teething.......helped reduce the pain enough for them to sleep (no, it won't hurt them......just a little bit on your finger and rub on the gums.  It's not like your mixing them a drink--mentioned that so I don't get bashed)  If none of that helps, take him either to the ER, Urgent Care or his pediatrician.

newmommy426
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM
He also didn't eat much yesterday. He finally took a bottle about 20 minutes ago and drank almost 4oz. His fever hasn't came back yet..I gave him Motrin last night around 3:30. I just don't know if it really is his teeth or something else.

Quoting TCain0001:

Could be a cold or the fly, or an ear infection caused by the teething (anything involving the mouth can effect the ear as well......hubby gets a toothache, and ends up with ear infections all the time).  Just keep an eye on the fever, keep giving him the Motrin for pain and fever, cool baths will help also with the fever.  I also used to put a little whiskey on my kids' gums when they were teething.......helped reduce the pain enough for them to sleep (no, it won't hurt them......just a little bit on your finger and rub on the gums.  It's not like your mixing them a drink--mentioned that so I don't get bashed)  If none of that helps, take him either to the ER, Urgent Care or his pediatrician.

Mybabiez4
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM
is he pulling on any of his ears?? That would make him have an ear infection and fever. He also could have a common cold. Get ibprophin that will help alot and as long as he is drinking fluids its ok. Try putting cereal in his bottle just a little bit. It will help also, if none helps. Then like the other mommy sayed get him checked out. Goodluck
mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:56 AM

How is baby feeling now?

newmommy426
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM
So much better. His fever went away yesterday thank goodness. He did good all day..every now and then he would let out a cry because of his teeth. But after 9 he was in real pain and just crying ..poor baby. I gave him Motrin for the toothache and he felt better and even slept through the night! :')

Also, I took him in yesterday and everything looked great. Dr wasn't really believing his fever got to 102.4 but he said if it went past 101 again I have to bring him back for blood work. :( ...but the fever is gone. Yay!

Quoting mommyhonu:

How is baby feeling now?

mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Glad to hear that baby is doing better.

Quoting newmommy426:

So much better. His fever went away yesterday thank goodness. He did good all day..every now and then he would let out a cry because of his teeth. But after 9 he was in real pain and just crying ..poor baby. I gave him Motrin for the toothache and he felt better and even slept through the night! :')

Also, I took him in yesterday and everything looked great. Dr wasn't really believing his fever got to 102.4 but he said if it went past 101 again I have to bring him back for blood work. :( ...but the fever is gone. Yay!

Quoting mommyhonu:

How is baby feeling now?

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Welcome to the group, I hope your LO is feeling better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)