Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

teething?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 8 Replies
Im not sure but i think my littke guy may be teething. But hes only just over 2 months old!!

He has been very clingy and whiney since yesterday. He only wants mommy. He has been doing a lot of comfort nursing and that is the only way i can get him to sleep. Nawing on his fist
, slight fever off and onn,and super drooly.

Does this sound like teething? I dont see any teeth breaking through or anything. If this isnt teething what could be making him so cranky? Suggestions or do i need to call my pedi
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
robibuni
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM

It could be a lot of things!

He could be getting sick, he could be hitting a growth spurt, but yes, he could also be teething.

Low grade fever (under 102!), general fussiness, drool rash on chin (usually tiny little red/pink spots on the chin from the extra moisture on the skin), diahrrea (swallowing extra saliva causes runnier bowel movements), white dots on gums (tooth buds)...stuff like that! Unfortunately, just because a baby is teething doesn't mean they'll pop any teeth out anytime soon. It may be tomorrow, it may be 6 months from now, there's just no way of knowing.

Just make him as comfortable as possible. If you decide you'd like to treat for teething, you could try an amber teething necklace, wet washcloth put in the freezer for him to chew on, a Sophie the Giraffe teether, or any other frozen teeth, OR you could try Hyland's Teething Tablets.

I wouldn't call the pedi necessarily, but then again, I typically stay away from the doctor unless my kids are near death, lol

arigdon4
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Thank you.

Quoting robibuni:

He could be getting sick, he could be hitting a growth spurt, but yes, he could also be teething.

Low grade fever (under 102!), general fussiness, drool rash on chin (usually tiny little red/pink spots on the chin from the extra moisture on the skin), diahrrea (swallowing extra saliva causes runnier bowel movements), white dots on gums (tooth buds)...stuff like that! Unfortunately, just because a baby is teething doesn't mean they'll pop any teeth out anytime soon. It may be tomorrow, it may be 6 months from now, there's just no way of knowing.

Just make him as comfortable as possible. If you decide you'd like to treat for teething, you could try an amber teething necklace, wet washcloth put in the freezer for him to chew on, a Sophie the Giraffe teether, or any other frozen teeth, OR you could try Hyland's Teething Tablets.

I wouldn't call the pedi necessarily, but then again, I typically stay away from the doctor unless my kids are near death, lol

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Sounds like it. It's definitely NOT too early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I thought my son was teething around that age, he had a bib on all the time to catch the drool. Recently (at 8 months) we have finally started seeing teeth. There are 3 teeth, working on a forth. They have all popped up within 3weeks.

Quoting robibuni:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM

this. I hope he feels better soon. ((hugs))

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Sounds like it. It's definitely NOT too early.

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM

he could be teething, both my kids started around 3 months

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Sounds like it could be teething. Also, I believe there is growth spurt around this age.

merryvoice
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I didn't know this before I had a baby, but they can teeth for months before a tooth comes in. My 7 month old had been teething for almost three months before she got anything, and she's still teething. We use Orajel. If that doesn't work, then I use Hyland's Teething Tablets and if that doesn't work, we give her some Tylenol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN