Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

did you work during your pregnancy(s)?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM
  • 84 Replies
Did you work while pregnant? How far along before calling it quits?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaScho88
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I worked when I was pregnant with my second child and I worked up until 2 weeks before my due date...he was born on his due date :)

luckykarebear
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I worked until 37 Weeks when I just didn't want to work anymore. I worked two jobs....beginning if pregnancy it was forty hours at one and thirty atty the other. But my quitting point it was down to forty at one and twenty at the other.
Owl_Feather
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Yes. 1st till I was 8 months. 2nd a week before my due date
OliviaW.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Yes, I was 35 weeks pregnant when I was put on bedrest with my first but I still worked from home until I was 37 weeks and was induced. With my 2nd I quit the job when I was 8 months pregnant to become a SAHM.

twogirl91
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM

With my first I did because I HAD to, I was going to work until I went into labor but about 2 months before I was due I just couldn't anymore. I was working retail and could only work a 4 hour shift with a 30 minute break and I would end up cramping and leaving work crying because I was so miserable. After my son was born my husband left for basic training and when we got pregnant with our second child I was lucky enough to stay at home and just take care of my oldest kid.....which oddly enough felt harder than working retail while I was pregnant. haha

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM
With my first, my water broke at work at 36 weeks and 2 days. With my second, I was at 35 weeks and put on bed rest before being delivered at 36 weeks and 1 day due to preeclampsia. I look at it as the longer I work, the longer I can stay on maternity leave.
mewebb82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I worked for the first few months of my 1st pregnancy and then we moved across the country and I didn't see a point in getting a job that I would just be quitting soon. With my 2nd, until 38 weeks. I was teaching then and the semester ended so school was on break. With my 3rd, I technically worked until 4 days before but it was a long holiday weekend. 

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Worked for both of mine -- with my DD, I was still teaching school, and worked until the middle of November when I was put on bed-rest for high blood pressure; and she was born Nov 29. 

With my DS, I was running an at-home child care, had kiddos here all day Thursday, May 12 - went into the hospital that evening at 7:00 because I was experiencing "cramping", they told me that cramping was actually contractions, I was in labor and wasn't going anywhere - he arrived about 5 hours later at 12:10 am Friday.  I was calling parents in between contractions to tell them I was going to be closed the next day and the following week since I was having a baby that night.

jessicaaris
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I worked up unti a week before my due date with my first child and that was because it was retail and I was on my feet all day. I work up until a few days before my due date with my younger two. I gave my notice and ended up going into labor over the weekend with both of them, so it was like 1-2 days after my last days of work, lol.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Yep.  With my first I worked until about 5 days before he was born. With my second, I worked while in labor, sooo...  LOL  This baby will be a scheduled c-section, so I will know exact time-frames and will probably work until the day before. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN