• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big boy undies. Potty training?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 6 Replies

This is Markus. Hes 17 months. About a month or so ago I bought him his first package of big boy undies and I put a pair on him without his diaper. Wasn't long before he had an accident but that was kind of what I wanted to happen because I wanted to try and explain the dirty undies and the toilet. Anyhow, after all of that I put a diaper on him. Well, he decided he wanted to wear a pair of undies on top of his diaper. And since then that is what he does every day. He insists on wearing his undies...lol.
Has anyone taken this approach to potty training? Did it work, eventually?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sylph_ironlight
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

We are potty training our 2 year old right now and are trying the same approach. No luck yet, but hoping the idea of big boy undies will help :)

SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Markus loves his undies. And he is so proud too. He will run up to his daddy and say, "d!!!!!!!" and point to his undies with a huge smile on his face.

Quoting sylph_ironlight:

We are potty training our 2 year old right now and are trying the same approach. No luck yet, but hoping the idea of big boy undies will help :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I put jeans on too. Undies and jeans. When it was just undies wet, he didnt care, but when his jeans got wet, he didnt like that. Took a few wet jeans then he was dry all day
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Markus hates a wet diaper...lol. And when his undies got wet he flipped. Im hoping that helps. The jeans idea is brilliant! He would hate that!

Quoting sahmw2010:

I put jeans on too. Undies and jeans. When it was just undies wet, he didnt care, but when his jeans got wet, he didnt like that. Took a few wet jeans then he was dry all day

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I would suggest that once ready to go to big boy undies, do away with the diapers at least for the daytime. Tell him he's a big boy now. And I definitely wouldn't recommend putting undies on top of the diaper..if you are still good to do the diaper, put the underwear on under the diaper so he can feel more when he is wet. With the kids, I went to undies (bought lots of undies) and only did diapering at night until we were ready to try staying dry at night too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM
By the way, congrats on potty training. That's great that he likes his undies so much :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)