Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: My baby is three weeks old He started being fussy...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 10 Replies

My baby is three weeks old. He started being fussy lately and normally it's because he's hungry so as long as he's fed he is fine. But last night his fussing became worse and was crying during feeding.it went on for an hour. I'm a first time mom. what can i do to make him feel better?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Are you breastfeeding?

There is a big growth spurt around 3 weeks, so they will want to eat more - and it's important to feed them whenever hungry if you're breastfeeding so your supply will increase to meet their needs.

Sprtam
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM
My son has a sensitivity to dairy and it showed up around that time. I also agree with the growth spurt. He still gets fussy during a growth spurt because he always wants to eat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gobytt
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I'm breastfeeding and he seems to be hungry every one and half hour. I'm trying to feed him whenever he's hungry. Thanks for the comments!
PEEK05
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Yep!

My daughter is three weeks right now and wants to eat like every 45 minutes to an hour right now, when she used to go about every 2 hours lol.

Quoting Randi02:

Are you breastfeeding?

There is a big growth spurt around 3 weeks, so they will want to eat more - and it's important to feed them whenever hungry if you're breastfeeding so your supply will increase to meet their needs.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM
3 weeks is a HUGE growth spurt. All is normal mama, just nurse on demand as much as baby wants and it will pass. Expect another one around 6 weeks too. :)

Quoting gobytt:

I'm breastfeeding and he seems to be hungry every one and half hour. I'm trying to feed him whenever he's hungry. Thanks for the comments!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Try nursing baby for he starts crying. Look for hunger cues like sucking on his hand, yawning, smacking his lips, etc.
Larsbug
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM

at 3 weeks you want to feed on demand

gobytt
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM
He ate 3-4 oz every two to three hours last week but this week he's been wanting to eat every 40 mins and does not eat much during every feeding (breastfeed or bottle). Is this normal? Thanks for the reply!
gobytt
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Thanks for all the comments! I feel much better now and will feed on demand.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Astrachanca
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Yep my three week old is more fussy and eating a ton, too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)