Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car seats...more vent than anything

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 13 Replies

my DS2 is only 6 months old..my DH keeps asking me when we can put him in a regular 5 point harness seat. UR JOKING RIGHT?! His excuse, "I am tired of carrying the car seat in and out of the house" so dont!!! majority of the time I just take him out and carry him in with the car seat left in the car. ugh. I am really glad that I am the one home with the kids all day. who knows what would happen if he was a SAHD.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mollysmom328
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Babies can start from birth in a convertible 5 point harness seat as long as they fit and it is rear facing :)

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM
This :)
As long as its rear facing. I skip infant seats.

Quoting mollysmom328:

Babies can start from birth in a convertible 5 point harness seat as long as they fit and it is rear facing :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annhart19
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Yep. We did the infant seats with my first 2. But ended up in a convertible by 4-5 months with my second cuz he was just I heavy and it was a hassle. So we are just skipping the seat all together this time. Going straight for a convertible.

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting mollysmom328:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:52 PM

well the one he is talking about is, i think, forward facing. it sits straight up, not the reclining kind. Me personally, he can stay in the infant seat for awhile yet. and its realy not like he deals with the seat much. when we are together I get the baby and hubby gets bags and DS1.

abra
by Abra on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

you get used to carrying the baby bucket around after awhile. I kinda like it because it's like having a built in arm workout every day! :-) 

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:34 PM
And u would think after lugging a ruck sack and what not, a baby in an infant seat would be a walk in the park

Quoting abra:

you get used to carrying the baby bucket around after awhile. I kinda like it because it's like having a built in arm workout every day! :-) 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM

haha! Yes, and a baby is much cuter too! :-)

Quoting sahmw2010:

And u would think after lugging a ruck sack and what not, a baby in an infant seat would be a walk in the park

Quoting abra:

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

Brandy85412
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
ya no reason he has to bring the whole seat inside. Take the baby out dude! Some Men!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Quoting Randi02:

Quoting mollysmom328:

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM

5 months is about the time I switch my kids out of an infant carrier and into a convertible.  They just get too heavy.  I honestly don't see this issue in what he said.  Yeah, you can leave the carrier in the car, but a convertible is just fine as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)