• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All he wants is milk!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 7 Replies
Markus (17 months) doesn't seem to want to eat anything these past couple of days. He just wants milk. He drinks whole milk Lactaid. I actually turned him down when he asked for more a few minutes ago and told him he had to eat his lunch first. He just walked away. Any thoughts/advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Yeah, he won't get the nutrients he needs filling up on milk. I would limit it to 8 oz a day. After that fill his cup up with water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
That's exactly what the wic lady said today. I just didn't think too much about it until I saw the look of shock on her face when I said he drinks like 6 of the 8oz cups a day. He was eating really well until yesterday. But im not giving him anymore milk today.

Quoting ceckyl:

Yeah, he won't get the nutrients he needs filling up on milk. I would limit it to 8 oz a day. After that fill his cup up with water.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM

My son went through a phase like that, too. What we did was switched from what we were giving him (raw cows milk) to raw goat milk. The flavor was just different enough that he didn't really notice a difference, but since it didn't taste quite as good, he didn't want as much. After we were able to wean him down to only a couple glasses of goats milk a day, we switched to very diluted juice, and then made a full transition to water. He only has juice at breakfast and nap time now. :-) 

Quoting SuperMom2433:

That's exactly what the wic lady said today. I just didn't think too much about it until I saw the look of shock on her face when I said he drinks like 6 of the 8oz cups a day. He was eating really well until yesterday. But im not giving him anymore milk today.

Quoting ceckyl:

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Ahhh okay. Good idea! He didn't like goats milk when I tried it. That's what we tried before going with the Lactaid. But I could get some almond milk or something like that and try your idea.

Quoting abra:

My son went through a phase like that, too. What we did was switched from what we were giving him (raw cows milk) to raw goat milk. The flavor was just different enough that he didn't really notice a difference, but since it didn't taste quite as good, he didn't want as much. After we were able to wean him down to only a couple glasses of goats milk a day, we switched to very diluted juice, and then made a full transition to water. He only has juice at breakfast and nap time now. :-) 

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting ceckyl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Yeah, a lot of goat milk tastes really gamey. We are fortunate to live in a rural area where we have a wide variety of type of goats to choose from so we found a friend who has a breed whose milk doesn't taste as goaty as usual. :-) I hope it works for you! Good luck! 

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Ahhh okay. Good idea! He didn't like goats milk when I tried it. That's what we tried before going with the Lactaid. But I could get some almond milk or something like that and try your idea.

Quoting abra:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting ceckyl:

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. Hes so darn stubborn.

Quoting abra:

Yeah, a lot of goat milk tastes really gamey. We are fortunate to live in a rural area where we have a wide variety of type of goats to choose from so we found a friend who has a breed whose milk doesn't taste as goaty as usual. :-) I hope it works for you! Good luck! 

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting abra:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting ceckyl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandapanda82
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Dd #1 always ‚̧her milk too! Idk just offer him yummy nutritious foods... Sorry that's all I got now! Lol good luck:-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)