Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, I am guessing this is another growth spurt?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

She is latching, unlatching, shaking her head back and forth. She acts like the boob isn't getting to her mouth quick enough. She is being pretty difficult and kicks and cries so bad like it is not coming out fast enough.. She's been very fussy and restless. :/
She is almost 6 months. Is there anything I can do to make the milk come out to her liking? Should I give her the bottle when she becomes frustrated? 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM
You could do breast compressions while she's nursing. You should NOT give her a bottle just keep offering the breast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I meant a bottle of breastmilk, but I am still trying. And have been pumping a little bit. Maybe that will get my supply up.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

You could do breast compressions while she's nursing. You should NOT give her a bottle just keep offering the breast!

birdiemom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
No to the bottle
Even with breasmilk. She may start to prefer the faster flow of the bottle.

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

I meant a bottle of breastmilk, but I am still trying. And have been pumping a little bit. Maybe that will get my supply up.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I know you meant a bottle of breastmilk but giving a bottle causes nipple preference/confusion. It could cause more issues especially during a growth spurt. Baby is THE best way to increase supply so just work through the fussiness. Your supply will increase just give it a couple days.

Quoting MrsKoolaidPunk:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fortressmom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Do not give in and give a bottle:)  She'll never get your supply up and she'll likely decide to just fuss for the bottle all the time. Babies are smart and lazy little beings. Outstubborn her and keep offereing the breast. You could pump a little before latching her on the get things flowing and see if that helps hold her interest better.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM
You could pump for a couple minutes before nursing to get the milk coming faster. That's what I was told to do with my first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Around 6 months is another growth spurt.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)