Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep...

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:59 AM
  • 7 Replies
My son is sleeping SO soundly... Up until tonight I was completely ok with this (hoped for it actually) but tonight is DH's first night back to work and the first night I've been completely alone with my son (3 weeks). Im terrified to fall asleep! He's sleeping so soundly that I keep checking just to make sure he's still breathing.,, oh I'm going to go nuts! (also doesn't help that in stressing about DH, he works on a 911 ambulance and one of their units was shot at tonight...)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lauratupper
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Hope you able to get some sleep, and that your dh's night went ok!

Eliots_momma
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I used to do that as well, its a new mom thing.

Hope you get sleep and that dh stays safe :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I did the same with my first. Do you have a video monitor? I have one and it helps ease my mind knowing I can just check the screen if I get worried. Hope you can get some sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radellia
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
His crib is in our room... I barily even use our baby monitor at the moment since he's so close... It really helps when he occasionally snores, at least then I can hear his breathing

Quoting expectantmom81:

I did the same with my first. Do you have a video monitor? I have one and it helps ease my mind knowing I can just check the screen if I get worried. Hope you can get some sleep.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Its normal new mommy behavior. Id wake up all night for months to make sure dd was still breathing.
victoriangavin
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM

You will learn his breathing and be able to notice a slight change even in a dead sleep.... One of our mommy powers :) I was terrified of sleeping too, my son and I share a room with him across the room sleeping in his crib I wake up of he starts breathing shallow to check on him. It will get better,,, Hope your dh is ok!

Salem2012
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Yikes...it's really hard at the beginning...my DS is 12 months and i still check on him...not constantly but i still check if i wake up in the night or anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)