Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM
  • 9 Replies

My son has been having trouble pooping. He is almost 8 months old & breastfeed. He does eat some table food and homemade baby food. Every time he tries pooping, he starts crying like it's hurting him. Is there something I can do or give him that will help him? Thanks!!!

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
occumommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Try some water, or some apples
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sashamom27159
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I would try a pedia-lax product we used them for our little girl and they work .or our doctor told us to give her water with corn syrup it sounds weird but it works too

rwebb11
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Prunes, apples.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Hold back on the solids for a little while, and then slowly introduce them again once he's feeling better.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Upping water intake or foods with fibers?

babygomez
by April on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Glycerin suppositories helped relive my daughter from constipation when she was about 14 months old. I had tried water, juice, exercises, diet change, nothing was helping.She went days without having a bowel movement, so I decided to give the those a try after calling ask-a-nurse.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Unless when he actually poops its hard pellet like, it's not true constipation. If he eats any type of cereals, stop those and offer to nurse more often. Fruits and veggies are also good to give him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarahsmommy508
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
" p" foods will help him poop!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM

If he's truly constipated (like little pellets of poop), then cut back on solids and offer more breastmilk. Breastmilk is a natural laxative.

If they're not pellets, he's not truly constipated. He might just be crying because it's not easier to poop like it was when he was breastfed only, y'know? However, you might want to just cut back on food in general to EASE him into more solid poops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)