• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c section nommas

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 51 Replies
If you had a bikini cut were you told not to go anywhere or have any visitors for the first two weeks?
I wasn't, but I had my baby almost 5 years ago and my sister who had my niece Monday was told she cant have visitors or go anywhere for 2 weeks. Is this a new practice? Btw we had the same OBGYN and gave birth in the same hospital.

ETA: She called to ask my mom if I had the same discharge instructions. I mean unless it's a lie and she wants us to REALLY believe her lie so she even went as far as to not only make up it was on her discharge papers AND call my mom to see if I had similar discharge instructions when it would be easier to just say I just want to be alone. I really don't think she's making it up to just not have company.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rHOPEb
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this

That's not what I was told.  I couldn't drive until I could put pressure on my right foot/leg and turn my torso.  But that was the only restriction they gave me.  Besides the no sex for 6wks thing.  And I had an emergency c-section, so I don't know if that made any difference.  About 8mos ago.

OliviaW.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM
My last csection was 2 years ago and all I was told was not to drive for 2 to 3 weeks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Nope. Had my baby jan 28th 2013. Bikini cur. 3rdnc section. They didn't tell me that. That doesn't make any sense. All they said is no heavy lifting, no tampons and no driving and no baths.
mama-smurf
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Sounds like she just doesn't want to nw bothered.
Summerlion1123
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
My last c-section was only 6 months ago and they didn't say anything like that.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I have had 4 c sections, my last one was 6 weeks ago.

I only stayed in the hospital for 24 hours, and went shopping at Toys R Us on my way home. I definitely didn't stay home for 2 weeks, and had a lot of people stop by/went to Starbucks for coffee etc.

blapier
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I had a c-section almost 2 years ago and they didn't tell me that. I was in the hospital for 2 days and went to my parents the next day. Walking around and doing stuff actually helps the healing process. I've never heard of that.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Megan11587
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
No i was not told that. I had my baby last march
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
No I wasn't but I chose not to go anywhere unless I HAD to. I was sore and tired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM
That was on her discharge papers so she asked my mom if it was the same for me.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Sounds like she just doesn't want to nw bothered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)