Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 month old hit head

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hey everyone....need some help! My 8 month old fell and hit his head at daycare yesterday afternoon around 3:45. He has learned to pull up and pulled up on a toy....he fell backwards, hit his head on the floor, and the toy hit him on the forehead. He has been acting normal....happy and silly. He did throw up around 5pm yesterday, but he kept everything down last night and this morning until around 11am. He threw up them and has also had diarrhea 3 times. The stomach bug has been at our house and 3 kids in his daycare class had the stomach bug thursday. Does the vomiting/diarrhea sound more like the stomach bug and not a result of the fall? I dont know if i should call the doc or not
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bnkirk24
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM

If i were you i would of went to the doctor the first time he vomited. Vomiting is one of the signs he could have a concussion. When in doubt, go to the doctor. Its better to be safe and make sure everything is ok than wait and have something serious happen. 

abra
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Have you checked his pupils?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunfire79
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Pupils are fine and hes acting fine

Quoting abra:

Have you checked his pupils?

expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Probably the bug but I would call the doctors after hours line if you have one and just tell them what's going on to see what they think. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunfire79
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Thanks everyone! I called the after hours # and the nurse said it sounds like the stomach bug.....she said if he throws up again today to take him to urgent care just to get checked. Its almost 11pm here and no more vomiting....hopefully none tomorrow either
Salem2012
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I believe throwing up is a sign that they should be seen. :/

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:53 AM
I would've brought him in anywyays since it happened while in someone else's care. I'm definitely not one to rush a baby/kid to the doctor for something silly, but you weren't there and who knows how hard he hit it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)